Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Old Suggestions (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   Regarding The German Site (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=13652)

Grinder 04-03-2007 11:47 AM

I've been handling the German site's mail address for a while now, and people keep asking for two things: How to donate money and how to help translating. Now, I have two suggestions to solve these two 'problems'.
The first would be to organize a PayPal account (Or do we have one of these already?), or the second one: Would it be possible to donate money by bank transfer?
The other thing: Can we include a short text about how to help translate (referring to the forum) on the help page? So that I can tell all those greedy people to go there? It would help a lot, and if anyone could put something like that up in English, I'll translate it. Or just show me how to edit the German help page (if that is possible).

Another thing would be people asking how to submit Boxshots or even Games themselves. I think the biggest problem for those people is that the help page translation is horrible. There's too much stuff we can't translate from the /admin/int panel, like the pixel art or those game descriptions under "Most Wanted:".

Also, what do I tell people who want to buy the site? Most of these don't look very professional, and probably think they can buy AB for about 2.50$. I need an official-sounding standard reply.

If any of these problems are possible to solve, I would gladly help in doing so. Note that there have been a lot of people offering help in various forms, but they all face a certain language barrier.

fmc83 04-03-2007 02:12 PM

[quote]
The other thing: Can we include a short text about how to help translate (referring to the forum) on the help page? So that I can tell all those greedy people to go there? It would help a lot, and if anyone could put something like that up in English, I'll translate it. Or just show me how to edit the German help page (if that is possible).

This would be very important. It's not that easy to become an active part of the community, because you don't find help how to start. I searched for half an hour, where to send my translations until I found henning....
Would be interesting to know, if this problems occure on the other language-sites, too?

Titan 05-03-2007 12:12 PM

Donations: Can be found under "Krimskrams" on the german site, right below "Help Me" and "Buy a t-shirt" on the right side.

Sale-reply: AFAIK, AB or AR is NOT up for sale atm, as we'r involved with Studentis Media Group right now.

Grinder 05-03-2007 03:52 PM

Good, that solves two things. Now what about bank transfers? ANY chance?

Titan 06-03-2007 02:03 AM

Nope, but you can donate using a VISA/MC.. so that should be equal to banktransfere.............
Anyway... if they have neither, they'r probably too young, and they should save theire money anyway.

Well, if they REALY want to contribute that much, ask them if they can't write a review or translate one instead? :)

Grinder 11-03-2007 10:21 AM

I do. All the time. So, what about the "Help us!" page then? Can we change some of that?

The current time is 07:46 AM (GMT)