Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Gaming Zone (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Alpha Centauri (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=5825)

xenphn 25-06-2005 12:35 PM

I own Sid Meiers Alpha Centauri which is , in my opionion, one of the best games ever made. I know that there exists the Addon Alien Crossfire. The Addon is very hard to find or only available for quite a lot of money at ebay.
My question: Is Alien Crossfire really worth so much money? Does it improve the original game a lot?

Indignus IV 25-06-2005 12:59 PM

I've heard of it too......never got it cause its expensive. I think the game is great the way it is.

Flop 25-06-2005 02:22 PM

You can download it from HOTU. Before anyone starts screaming warez, I'd like to say that I doubt it. If I'm not mistaken they had taken it down for quite a while because they were asked not to host it, but since it's back up I'm assuming they have permission.

BeefontheBone 25-06-2005 09:49 PM

TBH I'd not bother, although downloading it from HotU is worth the effort. It adds 2 poorly balanced alien factions and a few much better human factions, a few technologies and some landmarks - downloading worthwhie but not worth the effort of tracking it down to buy.

There's a patch to get it going on XP if you need it too.

moogle 25-06-2005 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Flop@Jun 25 2005, 02:22 PM
You can download it from HOTU. Before anyone starts screaming warez, I'd like to say that I doubt it. If I'm not mistaken they had taken it down for quite a while because they were asked not to host it, but since it's back up I'm assuming they have permission.
HOTU will remove a game and put a link to where you an buy it if asked by a company, so in my mind theyr not really warez. Ya the alien crossfire doesn't really add much...I wentout and bought the game and expansion back when it was new...never really cared for it too much, personally, I found civilization to be better, more fun.

BlackMageJawa 25-06-2005 10:44 PM

*Looks at copy of Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri Planetary Pack sitting on top of PC*
*Looks at 50p price sticker still attached*

Heh heh heh heh heh

moogle 25-06-2005 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BlackMageJawa@Jun 25 2005, 10:44 PM
*Looks at copy of Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri Planetary Pack sitting on top of PC*
*Looks at 50p price sticker still attached*

Heh heh heh heh heh

Hey thats what I got....aren't te strategy guides huge? Sooo big....

Indignus IV 25-06-2005 11:34 PM

50p? argggg! I got my Alpha Centauri sitting in the back of a computer game store gathering dust. Got for a dirt cheap 4$USD. Still want crossfire, though and HOTU wont let me have it! Arg!

Borodin 28-06-2005 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BeefontheBone@Jun 25 2005, 09:49 PM
TBH I'd not bother, although downloading it from HotU is worth the effort. It adds 2 poorly balanced alien factions and a few much better human factions, a few technologies and some landmarks...
I couldn't agree more. And nothing was as annoying as that one faction that kept spawning tiny sea villages, so you spent most of the game just locating them. Really, the "upgrade" wasn't worth it. I've seen a tweaking mod out there on a few Web sites that I've tried, however, which makes the game substantially more difficult by reordering researches and changing a few other details. Now, that, I like.

PrejudiceSucks 28-06-2005 08:35 PM

How do you even install bloody AC: AC?

I tried so many times, it just kicked my arse...

The current time is 02:47 AM (GMT)