Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Gaming Zone (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Searching For A Game For My Mom (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=7608)

MrBackAlleySka 14-10-2005 04:13 PM

Hey guys :ok: I have a quest for you. ^^ Last year I bought my mother a Gamecube, because she had seen my Ex. play Animal Crossing, and wanted to play it herself. She loved the game, and got bored with it, so I told her about The Sims. That weekend she bought it, but thought it was a little too frantic and fast-paced for her tastes. Well, She and I took a trip to EB Games, and we asked the guy what kind of game she liked. Their responce was Harvest Moon. I bought her Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life, and Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town. (So she could play at work too). She loved it, absolutely loved it. However she's been playing it for a long time, and is once again becoming bored of it...So, I ask a favor of you all:

My mother has a GBA, PS2, and a Gamecube. She enjoys games that are slow-paced, happy, not very challenging, pretty graphics, and ones that last a long time.

She has tried and liked: Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon
and she had tried and disliked: The Sims

Does anyone know of any GBA, PS2, or Gamecube games that you think my mother would enjoy?

velik_m 14-10-2005 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by MrBackAlleySka@Oct 14 2005, 04:13 PM
She enjoys games that are slow-paced, happy, not very challenging, pretty graphics, and ones that last a long time.

Settlers... not the new crapy one (Settlers V), Settlers III or IV.

Fruit Pie Jones 14-10-2005 06:28 PM

I'm not sure whether I should be happy or sad that someone's mother has more gaming hardware than I do.

BeefontheBone 14-10-2005 07:15 PM

For the GC, Pikmin (and Pikmin 2) are wonderful, charming strategy games that everyone should love. Spyro, Mario Sunshine, Zoocube and Zelda might also qualify. Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles is absolutely gorgeous and quite long but amazingly dull in single player.

Blood-Pigggy 14-10-2005 07:38 PM

The Gamecube... Winnie The Pooh's Rumbly Tumbly Adventure is quite a good game, it's slow paced, and it's good for all ages.

Otherwise I might suggest Mario Power: Tennis or Pikmin as Beef suggested...
For the GBA -
Warioware Twisted
Donkey Kong Country 1 + 2
Kirby And The Amazing Mirrior (Highly reccommended)

Otherwise just search around on Gamespot.

MrBackAlleySka 14-10-2005 09:08 PM

Thanks for the opionions guys :D I'm not a console gamer myself, in fact the PS2 and GBA were mine, and I gave them to her out of lack of intrest. So far I think she'll like Pikmin, Zoocube (Excellent, I forgot about that one completely) and Mario Tennis. My next door neighbor has Crystal Chronicles, and offered to give it to me, saying it was horrid for a final fantasy game, but ok for a regular game. My mom might like it though because I could play with her.
:ok: Thanks a lot everyone heheh. Keep the comments coming, if anyone has anymore. I love my mom for being a gaming mom :D

Blood-Pigggy 14-10-2005 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by MrBackAlleySka@Oct 14 2005, 04:08 PM
Thanks for the opionions guys :D I'm not a console gamer myself, in fact the PS2 and GBA were mine, and I gave them to her out of lack of intrest. So far I think she'll like Pikmin, Zoocube (Excellent, I forgot about that one completely) and Mario Tennis. My next door neighbor has Crystal Chronicles, and offered to give it to me, saying it was horrid for a final fantasy game, but ok for a regular game. My mom might like it though because I could play with her.
:ok: Thanks a lot everyone heheh. Keep the comments coming, if anyone has anymore. I love my mom for being a gaming mom :D

About Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles.
That game is great, it actually does better as a Final Fantasy game, but I definetly suggest multiplayer.

Kon-Tiki 14-10-2005 10:59 PM

I've heard nothing but good things 'bout Katamari Damacy, which seems to also come close to what your mom seems to like.

punch999 14-10-2005 11:03 PM

San andres?? Actually friends of mineral town was a game I was addicted to for a while. Umm warioware is a fun fun game but maybe to fast for your moms taste.

Limetang 15-10-2005 11:13 AM

Myst III: Exile?

It's definately slow paced.

The current time is 02:54 AM (GMT)