Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Blah, blah, blah... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Your Favorite Gamehouses (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=12230)

Jontzzu 08-10-2006 09:46 AM

So tell here your favorite gamehouses. Mine are: Microsoft, Apogee/3D Realms and Electronic Arts. And I would also like to mention DreamWorks 'cos I love The Neverhood they made.

faralar 08-10-2006 09:51 AM

lucasarts (in the old days), rockstar, and EA

Jontzzu 08-10-2006 09:54 AM

Oh yes! I forgot to mention LucasArts! And old Sierra adventure games rock too!

Tervez 08-10-2006 10:13 AM

Blizzard, for it's Warcraft and Diablo series.
Team 17, for the best worm games around.
Microprose, for many of it's classics.
Bungie, for Halo.

Special thanks Russia, where they still develop Turn based Strategies, and many other kinds of things that others don't!

Drule 08-10-2006 12:06 PM

LucasArts, Apogee, BlueByte, Gremlin, Origin and Epic Megagames are my favorites.

Luchsen 08-10-2006 12:34 PM

Interplay - Alone in the Dark /2/3, Another World, Ark of Time, Black Dahlia, Borrowed Time, Dragon Wars, Fallout /2, Future Wars, Meantime, Mindshadow, Neuromancer, Shadow of the Comet, Tass Times in Tunetown, Wasteland

Westwood - Blade Runner, Circuit's Edge, Command & Conquer Series, Lands of Lore Series, Legend of Kyrandia Series, Nox (Quest), Young Merlin

plague 08-10-2006 12:50 PM

Whoopee Camp (Tombi or Tomba! or Ore! Tomba), Blizzard (Diablo and Warcraft), Bethesda (Elder Scrolls), Westwood (Command&Conquer) and Konami (Metal Gear Solid).

nace 08-10-2006 10:38 PM

They are all the same to me, except for "Konami".
They created "Silent Hill", "NBA In The Zone", as well as other fantastish smooth games.

I also love Cro-Team (I think they are from Croatia) for creating "Serious Sam".

Everybody loves EA, but I think that they are just too commercialized thats all. They were creating games like Fifa 2002 for example, releasing it in 2001, with completed transfers from 2000 :angry: . And the engine for their games is far far away from realistic. They have an excellent marketing team though <_<

Konami football (soccer) games are far better (Winning Eleven and Pro Evolution Soccer)

gufu1992 09-10-2006 03:50 AM

I like westwood - but EA just buy things and kill other company's!
BTW - microsoft are copyright freaks! They canceled HaloGen!

Morrin 09-10-2006 10:01 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Luchsen @ Oct 8 2006, 12:34 PM) [snapback]260057[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Interplay - Alone in the Dark /2/3, Another World, Ark of Time, Black Dahlia, Borrowed Time, Dragon Wars, Fallout /2, Future Wars, Meantime, Mindshadow, Neuromancer, Shadow of the Comet, Tass Times in Tunetown, Wasteland

Westwood - Blade Runner, Circuit's Edge, Command & Conquer Series, Lands of Lore Series, Legend of Kyrandia Series, Nox (Quest), Young Merlin
[/b]
I think interplay is publisher, not developer.

Mine are troika, blizzard (from warcraft3 to older), Looking Glass, Ion Storm (for Deus Ex and Thief3 mostly)

The current time is 01:27 PM (GMT)