Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Grand Prix Manager 2 (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=12244)

The Fifth Horseman 30-03-2010 10:11 PM

Have you completed the installation procedure and rebooted your machine?

Quote:

Do i need to put the files i downloaded into the System32 file or what?
No.

Guest 30-03-2010 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman (Post 401324)
Have you completed the installation procedure and rebooted your machine?

No.

I have unpacked all the files from the folder you told me to download. Then i restarted my pc. When i then click on the gpm2 application, it still says failed to start because of wing32.dll. Any ideas as to why this is still happening? Im desperate to play this game haha.

The Fifth Horseman 31-03-2010 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guest (Post 401326)
I have unpacked all the files from the folder you told me to download.

That does not count as installing it. After you unpacked the files, you have to run setup.exe and go through the installation. After that you have to reboot your machine.

Guest 31-03-2010 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman (Post 401342)
That does not count as installing it. After you unpacked the files, you have to run setup.exe and go through the installation. After that you have to reboot your machine.

Ahh right, are we talking about installing the Wing10 file here? I just tried to install that, but i get the message "this version is not compatiable with the version of windows your running. Check to see if you need a x32, 32-bit or a x64, 64-bit.

I am running the 64-bit windows Xp if that helps?

Thanks

hunvagy 31-03-2010 09:24 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the advice - I downloaded a utility from http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us [...] fault.aspx called ProcessMon (for vista) and while trying to register the wing32.dll, windows was looking in the c:\windows\sysWOW64\ directory for the same file. So i copied the wing32.dll to there, and the games now work!
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
so maybe because your XP is 64bit, you need the wing32.dll in your 64bit system directory as well.. just a thought :)

The Fifth Horseman 31-03-2010 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guest (Post 401347)
Ahh right, are we talking about installing the Wing10 file here?

Yup.
Quote:

I just tried to install that, but i get the message "this version is not compatiable with the version of windows your running. Check to see if you need a x32, 32-bit or a x64, 64-bit.
I am running the 64-bit windows Xp if that helps?
Ouch, not good. Perhaps Windows 3.x set up inside a virtual machine (or within DOSBox, which is slightly easier to do) would help here.

Guest 31-03-2010 12:47 PM

Ouch, not good. Perhaps Windows 3.x set up inside a virtual machine (or within DOSBox, which is slightly easier to do) would help here.[/quote]

Ahh okay, what does that all mean? and how would i do it? (I'm not overly sure with all the technical side here).

"so maybe because your XP is 64bit, you need the wing32.dll in your 64bit system directory as well.. just a thought" - hunvagy how do i do this?

And what is the difference between 64bit windows Xp, what does it mean?

Thank so much for your help.

_r.u.s.s. 31-03-2010 02:21 PM

64bit windows is only different a way how memory is handled, it should be more efficient and windows is able to allocate more memory. there shouldn't be a lot of backwards compatibility issues, but it might bring some in special cases

but to be honest, 64 bit versions of os are pretty much useless right now, it will have a bigger importance in future

you can see which version of windows you have when you right click My Computer icon on the desktop and select properties

The Fifth Horseman 31-03-2010 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guest (Post 401371)
Ahh okay, what does that all mean? and how would i do it? (I'm not overly sure with all the technical side here).

Register, please. I can help you with the tech side of things, but it's quite a bit outside the scope of this thread to be explained here.

Quote:

"so maybe because your XP is 64bit, you need the wing32.dll in your 64bit system directory as well.. just a thought" - hunvagy how do i do this?
Read the post he quoted. I'm still not convinced that's going to work, but it's better than nothing.

Guest 04-12-2010 01:06 PM

Help please!

I am trying to install the game but it won't let me.
I am running windows vista 64-bit.
I have copied all the system files into my system32 file.

However i still get the original error:

"application has failed to start because WING32.dll was not found."

Just to check i'm am not making a fundamental error, to instal the game, I am clicking on the file labeled:
"GMP2" and it is an "application" and the size is "1,614Kb"

Is this the correct way to install the game?

Thanks.

The current time is 10:20 AM (GMT)