Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Death Gate (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=5337)

Sebatianos 01-06-2005 01:44 PM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

BLOODUK 01-06-2005 01:58 PM

This game is one of the BEST!!!!!! GET IT NOW its amazing :ok:

Flop 01-06-2005 02:05 PM

This is one of my favourite adventure games. It's one of Legends best (if not the best) games, which is saying a LOT. Too bad it's the floppy version (or is it a ripped cd version?).

Thanks guys.

Sebatianos 01-06-2005 03:51 PM

I'm not sure which version it is, because Kosta didn't say where he got the archive from (maybe it's his own).

The screenshots however are from the original CD version (unfortunately I couldn't use upload that one for all of you to have).

Flop 01-06-2005 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sebatianos@Jun 1 2005, 04:51 PM
I'm not sure which version it is, because Kosta didn't say where he got the archive from (maybe it's his own).

The screenshots however are from the original CD version (unfortunately I couldn't use upload that one for all of you to have).

I haven't tried the version on Abandonia, but guessing from its size, I'd say it's probably missing speech, and possibly cutscenes.

vfrey 01-06-2005 05:20 PM

this might be a dumb question, but I have absolutely no idea how to get this to run in DOS-box if I have to extract it in a different folder....any help would be appreciated... :cry:

rallier 01-06-2005 05:27 PM

yes :) i just found a way around of the technical info in the review.
open the file LEGEND.lst you will see that all paths are directing the game from opening on D:/DGATE change the D: to C:/ or if you like on your preffered path that you will copy the game
for example i put all the folder on drive C:
so i changed the filepath in LEGEND.lst to C:/DGATE and it works like a charm....
Furthermore try using VDMS it's much easier to use..... download it open it and log off or reboot ur pc...... then in the folder of DGATE right click on the executable file and click on run with vdms (you will a musical note icon next to it)

Sebatianos 01-06-2005 05:34 PM

Well I thought most people comfortable enough with DOSBox would figure it themselves (either change the legend.* file or mount the game directory as D:\...).
I did change the setting is such a way, that if you unpack the game to D: (so everything is in D:\DGATE) you simply need to run the DGATE file with VDMSound (or just run it in Windows, but you probably won't get any sound).

Guest 01-06-2005 05:37 PM

There's a slight mistake in the review, according to it Haplo is Xar's son, which is not true. If you've read the books you know that Xar, the first patryn to escape the Labyrinth and the self-proclaimed ruler of Nexus, calls all patryns his sons and daughters. He's not related to any patryn by blood, though.

Sebatianos 01-06-2005 05:43 PM

Unfortunately I haven't had the pleasure of reading the books yet (so I just assumed by reading that son part - the voice acting is convinsing though).

Thanks for pointing it out!

The current time is 09:31 AM (GMT)