Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   C (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Command & Conquer - Tiberian Dawn Gold Edition (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=16374)

Luchsen 29-12-2007 08:36 PM

Command & Conquer - Tiberian Dawn Gold Edition

Command & Conquer - Tiberian Dawn Gold Edition
aka Command & Conquer - Tiberian Dawn Windows 95 Edition
aka Command & Conquer - Der Tiberiumkonflikt (SVGA-Version)

Info: Abandonia (original DOS), MobyGames

Download(s):
  • 4shared [ISO] [400 MB] GDI disc & [389 MB] NOD disc +WinXP install DOC
  • Megauploads [ISO] [174 MB] Addon
Uploaded by: Dave
Uploaded by: WolverineDK

Nyerguds 03-01-2008 06:51 PM

(info below is outdated. Try the unofficial 1.06 patch instead)

---------------

Addon CD that enables the New Missions list and adds new missions taken from the publicly released Covert Ops demo and from the console versions of C&C:

Download(s):(if anyone can re-upload it to some other host it'd be much appreciated... leeching bandwidth from a friend for a big public download is probably not such a good idea)

This CD doesn't contain any of the new data found on the Covert Ops CD (which is not released as freeware so far), and is thus 100% legal.
Note that the 4 patches mentioned below are included on this CD.

--------------------

Notes:

If your screen turns black when you try to run C&C95, open CCSETUP.EXE and set the screen resolution to 640x480

If that doesn't help, try lowering your screen refresh rate to (at least) 70 Hz.

--------------------

Patches/fixes:

Note that none of these are official. This is mostly because EA doesn't care about fixing the game, though. I've thoroughly tested all of these, and they all work fine. Hi-res patch is a bit buggy on small missions, but nothing too dramatic.

Scorpio9a's C&C95 & RA95 Windows XP and network play thipx32.dll patch:
http://www.understorm.net/thipx/
-Allows network & online play on XP
-Loads better than the official thipx32.dll XP patch

VK's C&C95 1.05 patch:
http://forums.revora.net/index.php?showtopic=54009
-Makes the game run natively on XP (without needing compatibility mode)
-Fixes one of the most notorious crashes in the game, which happened when the player's units come near an edge of the map.

Nyerguds & Komfr's C&C95 High-resolution patch:
http://planetcnc.gamespy.com/View.ph...n.Detail&id=85
-Allows you to play the game in higher resolutions.
-[screenshot]

At the moment, stick with 1024x768. It's the most reliable one. The others might not work on all graphics cards.

Komfr's C&C95 Stealth Crash patch:
http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/...ealthpatch.zip (needs this tool to work. Read spatch.txt for more info)
-fixes a notorous bug that crashes the game if a stealth animation is played in the lower right side of the screen

I still need tot make a decent all-in-one patch, in which I can put some more crash fixes I got on my hard disk, and where you can select the resolution form a nice graphical program much like CCSETUP.EXE

_r.u.s.s. 03-01-2008 07:04 PM

the black screen is due to your gpu driver/ direct x incompatibility. that can happen at any game with lower resolution

btw.. you could at least thank david in the game discussion..

Nyerguds 03-01-2008 07:10 PM

Actually, this can be downloaded from pretty much every big game files site...

And I dunno what causes the black screen error (except the very uncommon standard res of 640x400), but I know that fixes it :p

_r.u.s.s. 03-01-2008 07:16 PM

its in the principe=)

Nyerguds 03-01-2008 07:40 PM

Honestly not like I still need it. :o
I got this game in my room in about 10 different forms... console versions included.

Dave 03-01-2008 08:47 PM

Command & Conquer Cover Operation material isn't Abandonware.
I think you should hide the link.

The Fifth Horseman 03-01-2008 10:04 PM

Part of a game's data (maps, sprites, sound FX, music, cutscenes, models and textures) is just as much subject to the copyright laws as the whole thing.
Sorry, Nyerguds, but that link is a no-no.
If you could produce a version of that that does not contain the data (units and maps, primarily) from the Covert Operations expansion but allows playing custom scenarios, it would be fine (OK, still pushing the line a bit, but generally safe)

Nyerguds 06-01-2008 05:27 PM

Right, sorry about that.
Anyway... The Covert Operations adds no units. It just adds a bunch of single player & multiplayer maps, a few songs, some videos, and an update of the hidden dinosaur campaign which WW stupidly forgot to add to their later 1.22 update.
(But IMO the update of the dino missions is still just an update, and not part of the Covert Ops. After all, it's perfectly possible to play the hidden missions without the expansion pack after updating to version 1.22)

As for the Covert Ops media... the music is all new, but all videos that are in the Covert Ops also exist in some form embedded in the normal C&C videos, either shown projected on a wall during mission briefings, or with minor changes like the side logos & unit camo colours switched. So I dunno if that really counts as new material...

To actually enable the New Missions list, all that needs to be done is adding a file called EXPAND.DAT in the C&C directory (or one of the game's .mix archives in the directory)
The problem is that the game crashes if the list of New Missions has no scenarios in it.

I could kinda compromise by just adding the 2 missions that were in the public demo of the Covert Ops that WW released, but then there's still one problem left: the DOS version of C&C can play New Missions with the GDI or Nod CD, as long as you don't actually have the Covert Ops installed. This was done to allow people to play the demo missions.
However, the Win95 version doesn't have this exception.

What I could do is make a pseudo-"Covert Operations" ISO created with of nothing but files from the original 2 CDs, the updated dino missions and the Covert Ops demo.

It would remove the 'offensive' Covert Ops material, but still give a working New Missions list, with even some missions in it. Would that be OK?

oh, and David86: The Covert Ops definitely is abandonware. Not freeware, probably not legal to share, but definitely abandoned. I doubt they really realize it exists, otherwise I don't see why they didn't release it with the other 2 ISOs.

Dave 06-01-2008 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nyerguds (Post 315617)
oh, and David86: The Covert Ops definitely is abandonware. Not freeware, probably not legal to share, but definitely abandoned.

It would be nice, but as far as I know it's still sold.
Do you have some evidence?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nyerguds (Post 315617)
I doubt they really realize it exists, otherwise I don't see why they didn't release it with the other 2 ISOs.

Maybe they are going to release it soon...(next anniversary?)

The current time is 02:02 PM (GMT)