Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Blah, blah, blah... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   London Wins Olympic Bid (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=6059)

Fruit Pie Jones 06-07-2005 09:37 PM

Quote:

BWAHAHAHA EATS MY MERDE, JACQUES CHIRAC!
Now what will poor Jacques eat?

DonCorleone 06-07-2005 09:42 PM

No, I think "nous gangnons" definately is Present Tense. I would translate it into German

like "wir gewinnen". Therefore I wouldn´t see any other possibility to translate it into

English than "we win".

BeefontheBone 06-07-2005 10:02 PM

yes, but I don't think it would have the same meaning in french, but i don't know.

TheVoid 06-07-2005 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by PrejudiceSucks@Jul 6 2005, 07:29 PM
NOUS GANGNONS!

BWAHAHAHA MANGE MA MERDE, JACQUES CHIRAC!

It'd be "Nous gagnons! [laughter] Mange ma merde, Jacques Chirac!

Translated: "We win! [laughter] eat my sh1t, Jacques Chirac!"

A proper translation English-French would be" Nous avons gagné!= we won!"

6 years of French aren't for nothing :ok:
And I sense some acrimony between England and France, or am I mistaken? :whistle:

Havell 06-07-2005 10:57 PM

I sawe a great pic on the news that someone on the internet made (but I've been unable to find). It said: "Yeah, so we have crap food. We also have the Olympics" with a picture of some fish and chips :D

Triton 06-07-2005 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by R Havell@Jul 6 2005, 06:57 PM
I sawe a great pic on the news that someone on the internet made (but I've been unable to find).* It said: "Yeah, so we have crap food.* We also have the Olympics" with a picture of some fish and chips :D
What's so crappy about fish and french fries?

Havell 06-07-2005 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Triton+Jul 7 2005, 12:07 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Triton @ Jul 7 2005, 12:07 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-R Havell@Jul 6 2005, 06:57 PM
I sawe a great pic on the news that someone on the internet made (but I've been unable to find).* It said: "Yeah, so we have crap food.* We also have the Olympics" with a picture of some fish and chips :D
What's so crappy about fish and chips? [/b][/quote]
Nothing whatsoever, it's a dish fit for a king. The "crap food" line is a direct piss-take of when Jacques Chirac insulted english food recently.

EDIT: Haha! I quoted before your edit! :D

Triton 06-07-2005 11:11 PM

The Frenchies don't know anything about good food; all the chefs who know how to make food were deported to Quebec. That's why they eat tortiere there and not in France.

omg 07-07-2005 01:10 AM

amazing, we actually won something. i presume the stadium is going to be roofed so all those olympic athletes dont get rained on.
also it means loads more tourists to rip off. huzzah! must get me an illigal sausage cart.

Microprose Veteran 07-07-2005 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by omg@Jul 7 2005, 01:10 AM
amazing, we actually won something. i presume the stadium is going to be roofed so all those olympic athletes dont get rained on.
also it means loads more tourists to rip off. huzzah! must get me an illigal sausage cart.

But who is going to pay for the cost of hosting the Olympics? The British taxpayers, that's who!

Oops, this sounds like this topic may be headed for a serious discussion. Moderators, do your worst!

The current time is 10:40 PM (GMT)