Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Invalid Requests (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Shining Force [STEAM] (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=797)

Mitablesan 14-09-2004 10:49 AM

Shining Force [STEAM]

Can anybody tell (write) me where I can get Shining force I and III?
Its a RPG. Shining force II is on compilation "256 games". I love it!
Its great!

BlackMageJawa 14-09-2004 02:59 PM

None of these games were ever released for PC, so you'll need an emulator to play them.

Shining Force I and II were on the Megadrive (AKA Genesis), and can easily be found on any ROM site that supports the system
Shining Force III was released over three seperate games (SF3 Scenario 1,2 and 3) on the Sega Saturn. None of them were ever translated into English, so they're very hard to find, very hard to emulate, and very hard to understand.

The original Shining Force was recently remade on GBA as Shining Force: Ressurection of the Dark Dragon.

galneon 18-10-2004 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by BlackMageJawa@Sep 14 2004, 02:59 PM
Shining Force III was released over three seperate games (SF3 Scenario 1,2 and 3) on the Sega Saturn. None of them were ever translated into English, so they're very hard to find, very hard to emulate, and very hard to understand.

Actually, that's not true. Shining Force III scenario I was indeed released in English as evidenced by it sitting on the shelf across the room :P The others never were :/

Kon-Tiki 18-10-2004 04:25 PM

Still, they're roms, so not fit for this site. That is, unless Kosta decides to make this place a romsite as well as an abandoneware site

Zarkumo 12-02-2007 05:22 PM

Shining Force

Hi,

I was wondering whether Shining Force was abandonware yet. It's a strategy RPG that was originally released for SEGA's Mega Drive, but it was also in a best of SEGA games collection for the PC (Sega Smash Pack vol. 2). So it does exist for the PC. I don't know whether that games collection is still sold in the US (it's not being sold anymore in Europe, as far as I can tell). If not, maybe you could put it up - it shouldn't be too large.

The Fifth Horseman 13-02-2007 01:42 PM

SEGA = core ESA member = 15 year protection

The game becomes AW starting 2008.

Moby has no information about any PC version, though?

marko river 07-10-2009 05:59 AM

Maybe this Sega Smash Pack was designed to run console games with their own emulator, so it only seemed like it was PC version... Unless DOS version really appears somewhere...

Eagle of Fire 07-10-2009 02:05 PM

I never heard about this gem being released on the PC. I wish I did.

Expack2 07-02-2011 01:47 PM

Shining Force is still [INVALID], but for a different reason now: SEGA has released it for PC on Steam, therefore making the game request invalid for being sold on Steam.

_r.u.s.s. 10-02-2011 03:24 PM

hmm, not that it changed anything about being able to put the game on site but for the sake of correctness- i'd say it's rejected, not invalid

in case that steam goes down and sega is not selling the pc version anywhere else we might be able to upload it...

The current time is 07:20 AM (GMT)