Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Holiday Island (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=17142)

Romano 08-05-2008 08:47 AM

Holiday Island

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

BranjoHello 08-05-2008 01:07 PM

I think that it is impossible to find perfect version of this game, I played this one that is directly available for download and full version that is available at ISO Cellar topic but game works fine only first time you start it, every other time it has various bugs but mostly their related to the News section of the game. :wacko:
Or maybe my computer just don't like to have Holiday Island on it's HDD. :D

Ironlion 11-05-2008 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BranjoHello (Post 325413)
I think that it is impossible to find perfect version of this game, I played this one that is directly available for download and full version that is available at ISO Cellar topic but game works fine only first time you start it, every other time it has various bugs but mostly their related to the News section of the game. :wacko:
Or maybe my computer just don't like to have Holiday Island on it's HDD. :D

Aye, It seems whatever device plays the news files and displays that aspect of the game does not agree with windows XP. I have not found a suitable workaround.

mick.tripp 24-05-2008 09:50 PM

holiday island fix- fully playable

I got annoyed with the german error messages, so I had a look at the DAT files and found errors in the file "Holiday\DATA\FILENAME", all you need to do is delete the spaces between the file names and the extension.

so
xxxxxxx .bmp
xxxx .bmp
becomes
xxxxxxx.bmp
xxxx.bmp

This won't correct old savegames, you will need to start a new game and turn off speech (I also had music turned off, not sure if that makes a difference).

You can now play the game fully with new buildings becoming available and auctions for attractions and historic sites e.t.c.

The problem with speech is probably to do with a similar DAT file, but I haven't looked into it yet.

I have emailed the abandonia staff with this info and details of a possible cheat I stumbled upon while checking the DAT files, so maybe the offending file will be replaced with a corrected version soon.

mick.tripp

_r.u.s.s. 24-05-2008 09:53 PM

thanks for the headsup. pity the ftp server is temporarily down, remind us when all things get back to normal

mick.tripp 24-05-2008 10:01 PM

corrected file download

This will make it easier, I have attached the corrected version of the file.
Just replace the old one with this and you're ready to go.

I have just noticed that .DAT files are not allowed as attachments, so I've uploaded it as a .TXT file, you will need to open it in a text, editor save it as "all files" with "FILENAME.DAT" as the filename.

mick.tripp 24-05-2008 10:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry forgot to upload. Here it is-

idan200 09-06-2008 11:20 PM

i found a bug, when i want to sell hotel he tell me thet have problam whit MCI
help me!

Holy Paradise 21-06-2008 10:49 PM

I start off every game with 4,000,000 in debt.

Anyway to fix that?

laiocfar 23-06-2008 11:37 PM

there are scenarios where you should start with 4M in credit

The current time is 08:06 PM (GMT)