Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Your Reviews (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Diablo Ii (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=11587)

gregor 02-09-2006 07:27 AM

It seems to me we need another review then.

Personally i take RPG as a game where you can develope and shape the character in the way you please. And that is what you do in Diablo. Sure there are limitations to it and to what extent you can actually shape your character. It's not like in Morrowind or maybe UW where you can basically define the character through gameplay. Here much is predefined, but there is still a lot is left for you to define. example you are limited by spells and alike for example for sorceress. but it is still your choice if she will be skilled in fire, ice or lightning. in that way you can shape the character. you can also choose the equipment you will cary. and since space is limited you have to again give a personal touch to it. will it be the staff weilding expert or maybe the sword is weapon of choice etc.

It's a role, you play it and it's a game - RPG. :D

Dave 08-09-2006 08:34 AM

I'm gonna stop playing it...but only when Diablo III will born!! :brain:

I really hope it. :unsure:

troop18546 09-09-2006 07:20 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(David86 @ Sep 8 2006, 11:34 AM) [snapback]253613[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

I'm gonna stop playing it...but only when Diablo III will born!! :brain:

I really hope it. :unsure:
[/b]
Well, it took them from 1994 to 2000 to make a sequel, so it should've been out by 2006 if planned, but given the Expansion in 2001, I'd say wait for 2007. I don't think it will ever be out, cause the story ended at Expansion's end.

Vendermarch 09-09-2006 10:00 PM

I think that Diablo 2, although VERY action oriented is still RPG. Take Eye of the Beholder for example. In Diablo 2 there's arguably more role playing than in EOB :) But enough of that. Everything was said already.

Now any ideas where could story of Diablo 3 possibly lead? :ph34r:

troop18546 10-09-2006 01:43 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vendermarch @ Sep 10 2006, 01:00 AM) [snapback]254050[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

I think that Diablo 2, although VERY action oriented is still RPG. Take Eye of the Beholder for example. In Diablo 2 there's arguably more role playing than in EOB :) But enough of that. Everything was said already.

Now any ideas where could story of Diablo 3 possibly lead? :ph34r:
[/b]
Well, to the life on Earth after the Worldstone's destruction. Story could be told by Tyrael.
I had thought about this:
Much like in Painkiller, the lesser evils absorb the power of the prime evils and start to take hold of power among heaven themselves. They corrupt angels and such, bending them to their will. The boss fights could be much like the Ancients. Will 3 to 5 enemy bosses (depending on difficulty level). And so on...

I'd like a trading center of all known items to be available for sale. One's could be sold, other's given for completing tasks or dueling some boss or npc. Other items could have a few (3) known locations and certain reward could be given for getting them back to merchants (unless the player decides to keep them).

BTW, they should really fix dupe-bugs.

Blood-Pigggy 10-09-2006 05:54 PM

Um, the Lesser Evils are all dead.

Vendermarch 10-09-2006 06:01 PM

And not to mention how many times they died to date :D

I think that Blizzard will think about something more epic. Destruction of Worldstone won't be unadressed imo

troop18546 11-09-2006 12:11 PM

OMG, such noobs.

The Dark Exile
"Seven is the number of the powers of Hell, and Seven is the number of the Great Evils."

Duriel, the Lord Of Pain
Andariel, the Maiden of Anguish
Belial, Lord of Lies
Azmodan, the Lord of Sin

Mephisto, the Lord of Hatred
Baal, the Lord of Destruction
Diablo, the Lord of Terror

The one's in bold never werenever used in the game. Pfff... Just read the script... :whistling:

Blood-Pigggy 11-09-2006 07:15 PM

Erm, perhaps you didn't read the part in the original game where they were "Cast out from Hell and destroyed for treason?"

They died LONG before Diablo even came to earth in the original.

troop18546 12-09-2006 12:28 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blood-Pigggy @ Sep 11 2006, 10:15 PM) [snapback]254482[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Erm, perhaps you didn't read the part in the original game where they were "Cast out from Hell and destroyed for treason?"

They died LONG before Diablo even came to earth in the original.
[/b]
I read all, there wasn't any mention of this. Maybe I forgot, damn. :tai:

The current time is 08:35 PM (GMT)