Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Gaming Zone (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Turn Based Strategy Games (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=1131)

Iron_Scarecrow 03-11-2004 12:27 PM

RTS games aren't too bad, but TBS (is that the correct term :crazy: ) games :not_ok: .

Crystal_sword 03-11-2004 03:08 PM

The Latest RTS games are just sweeeeeeeeet :ok:

like Command and Conquer, Rome Total War. Though these titles should thank their lucky stars that there were good war games like cannon fodder and settelrs in the good old days.

Eagle of Fire 03-11-2004 04:33 PM

Quote:

I never liked these games and probably never will. That's all I have to say.

Strange, I have exactly the same oppinion about adventure games... :whistle:

But that's greatly a question of taste...

gregor 03-11-2004 05:17 PM

i like turn based strategy games because they leave you time to think. unlike action strategy where mostly your units are too fast to control them efficiently. and the alrealso too stupid (C&C and the like). you give command to hold ground and they advance. who is the commander damn it! :ranting:

Danny252 03-11-2004 06:24 PM

course I do prefer RTS.. Im sure Im getting both Shogun: and Rome: total War for Xmas or my B'day

demare27 03-11-2004 08:13 PM

I personally have never liked RTS games, I found that they lacked the charm that turn based has for me. As well, I couldn't play hotseat with RTS, and I was the only one that had the games as well as the computer to play on, so we always used turn based.

Dan

Rogue 03-11-2004 08:31 PM

X-Com, Civilization 1, 2 and 3, Battle Isle 1 and 2, MOM, MOO 1 and 2 and couple more.

Great TBS games that I spend many hours playing, first on my Amiga, then on PC.

GBA TBS games are very good and playable, but because of limited time, have to wait holidays to play them more.

ps. I'm one of those who like all kind of games. :D :whistle:

Fenris 03-11-2004 08:35 PM

I also love Turn based strategy games. The are much more tactical and clever than most RTS are. The best games are always those which make you think.

As a TBS (is this the official abbreviation?) fan I am glad to tell you about a real gem of this genre. Battle Isle 1 is allready available for downlaod at Abandonia, and History Line and the highlight of the series Battle Isle 2 will follow.

So if you haven't allready played these games it is time to begin with part one right now.

Morrin 04-11-2004 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Iron_Scarecrow@Nov 3 2004, 01:12 PM
I played it on my emulator, both. Didn't like it, or Fire Emblem neither are any good. Since GBA has been brought up I have to say that Final Fantasy Tactics is the only turn-based startegy I like. I even went out and bought it after trying it out on the emulator. But this is the only one I seem to enjoy playing, in the genre of turn-based startegies.

I also have to say that Golden Sun 1 and 2 are the best GBA games I have ever played, excellent for those long car trips or if you just want to run around and kill some monsters with some nice looking magic (MAJICK) LOL . I realy hope they bring out a third.

Hehe, then we have very different taste of games because I hated Golden Sun. It was just so damn annoying with those unbelieveably long and boring dialogs plus the annoying enemy attacks from nowhere.

Iron_Scarecrow 04-11-2004 11:57 AM

LOL LOL
Well after playing those two nothing else seemed like it was worth the time playing it. I have just always liked those RPG style ones. Another game that is really good is Grandia 2. It's battle sequence is the most realistic I have seen in any game of the genre. And the story is excellent. :ok:

The current time is 10:04 PM (GMT)