Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Return To Zork (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=2597)

wendymaree 22-01-2005 08:34 AM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review

Stroggy 22-01-2005 08:43 AM

Wow, what can I say but:

Want some rye? 'course ya do!

wendymaree 22-01-2005 08:47 AM

I can dig it. :D

Jingo James 22-01-2005 09:03 AM

Wow! This sure does bring back lots of memories :D I just hope it will be able to play on my computer, unlike the CD-ROM version I have that doesn't work for some reason.

wendymaree 22-01-2005 09:09 AM

Err, this is the CD Rom version. But I hope it works for you. :whistle:

Stroggy 22-01-2005 09:09 AM

I can play the CD version just fine on windows XP.

Jingo James 22-01-2005 09:36 AM

ok, so I tried to do the whole sound card stuff and when I tried to start the game it gave me this:

Illegal command: DRIVERS\PAUDIO.
Illegal command: MADECD.
Illegal command: DRIVERS\PAUDIO.

So do anyone knows what this means. Is it because it might not be the right I\O number and stuff? If so anyone know where I could find that information at? Thanks.

wendymaree 22-01-2005 10:00 AM

What sound card do you have? It's important to pick the right one, with the correct I/Os. I have a Sound Blaster Live and the first time around I picked the Sound Blaster option, without properly reading the list. I should have picked Sound Blaster 16. Nothing would work until I changed to the right option. I can only advise how to find the s/card addresses using Win98, but I gather it'd be pretty similar with XP. Here's what I do: find the way to the control panel. Then click on the System icon and then the Device Manager tab. Then from the list click on your sound card and from what appears choose your dos driver and click on it. Then it brings up the properties for the driver. Click on the Resources tab and there is a list of the I/Os.

Jingo James 22-01-2005 10:10 AM

Yep I believe I have the same card as you. Creative Sound Blaster Live. I found the resource tab and clicked on it and found the IRQ and I\O, however my I\O address is has letters and numbers in it (sorry don't know a lot about this stuff in computer). Also the DMA wasn't there, I wonder if it's 0 then. Still doesn't work for me i'll keep trying.

wendymaree 22-01-2005 10:26 AM

ok, this is what I have for mine:

I/O: 0220 - 022F (that means my I/O is 220)
I/O: 0330 - 0331 (I think this means the top of the range, however I always choose 220 and it works.)
Direct Memory Access: 01 (I choose 1 for the DMA)
Direct Memory Access: 05
Interrupt Request: 05 (I choose 5 for the IRQ)

However, using Win98, the game chose the DMA and the IRQ itself - as none! I only had to choose the I/O.

The current time is 11:19 PM (GMT)