Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   M.A.X. - Mechanized Assault and Exploration (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=13472)

Reup 12-02-2007 07:23 PM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

EliteKiller234 13-02-2007 01:03 AM

This looks like my kind of game thanks abandonia! :ok:

Guest_Igneos Eructid_* 13-02-2007 04:24 AM

Thisi is one awesome game. One I lost many hours with. It has a sequel, but I never got around to try it. If you like things "complicated", this is the game for you...

Wastelander 13-02-2007 08:53 AM

It's a pity, the sound files have been removed. Maybe, if the reviewer is found, they can be provided as a separate download. The game looses some of its atmosphere together with its sound and music.

All my regards
~Wasty

Sartoris 13-02-2007 08:54 AM

Thank you so much for putting this up Abandonia, I always wanted to try this game.

Also, is there any chance you might be adding the missing music files to certain sections of your site for separate download if it is not possible to include them in the main file? I would really appreciate it.

THANK YOU ABANDONIA!

catchaserguns 13-02-2007 09:12 AM

I downloaded it and it keeps asking for the cd. Whats up with that?

Delibator 13-02-2007 11:34 AM

I´m gonna test drive this one. Looks promising... since i´m a great adept of complex games.

I´ll review it by tomorow... :)

duerer 13-02-2007 12:54 PM

Yeah, I have fond memories as well.
The ONLY startegy game that my adventure/rpg oriented stomach can digest!
Too bad for its punishing difficulty - but maybe it's my fault, I just suck at startegy games...

Actually I was such a huge fan, that I bought the sequel too.
You SHOULD NOT do the same...
Everything that was good in MAX, was botched in MAX 2...
... The game tried to be a real-time C&C clone ... need to say more?

MAX would be my all-time greatest strategy if it would have some story in it... Without it, I feel like playing a high-tech chess game!
Don't worry about the missing movie files though. If memory serves right, there were only two of 'em:
- An intro (typical, mechanized army shoots then explodes)
- And a weird cutscene (battleships & submarines, totally unrelated to the current game setting)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest_Igneos Eructid_* @ Feb 13 2007, 05:24 AM) [snapback]279015[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Thisi is one awesome game. One I lost many hours with. It has a sequel, but I never got around to try it. If you like things "complicated", this is the game for you...
[/b]

lgonggr 13-02-2007 01:47 PM

As a Battle Isle addict, this is right up my alley ! Great !

EliteKiller234 13-02-2007 03:13 PM

To bad theirs no multi-player avaiable because for the cd and all so I'm goin on e-bay to buy the game for 1.00 LOL with out biding :ok:

The current time is 06:34 AM (GMT)