Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Approved Requests (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Yendorian Tales Book I (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=20270)

bigbeefybird 22-06-2009 10:09 AM

Yendorian Tales Book I

hello

i played a very old game a long time ago on a compilation cd (1000 games cds) there was this game called yendor or something close to it. i'm trying to find the real title.
descriptions:-
the land was called yendor
played in a 6 man team. when walking around normally, it is the leader (1st person on the top of the list) when fighting you control each character individually.
characters in the team could be miner, mage, priest, (thief - maybe, memory is going on this last class:doh::wall:) definately 4 types though:)
top down view
team could mine ore for money
enemies include
ants, spiders, scorpions, bandits, dragons (green and red (poison and fire respectively)), wyverns (ice), demons (red, brown and green).
when enemy has died a brown and yellowish chest is left behind.

cheers on any help given
bigbeefybird

_r.u.s.s. 22-06-2009 10:35 AM

yendorian tales book i
yendorian tales book i, chapter 2

there were probably more yendorian tales but i couldn't find info about them. except a text adventure and first person dungeon crawler

edit: i just found that i have collection of 3 books of yendorian tales on my pc. except the first one is shareware only

bigbeefybird 23-06-2009 07:46 AM

that was probably it

_r.u.s.s. 23-06-2009 10:11 AM

so which one? i could provide you with the games. would you like to write a quick review for this website btw?

Arteveld 22-12-2009 04:30 PM

Hi there, sorry for ressurecting/bumping an old thread, but i'm looking for Yendorian Tales myself. As far as i know there were 3 games, the first [Book 1 Chapter 1] was an Ultima-like top down RPG, and the two others [Book 1 chapter 2 and Tyrants of Thaine] were first person M&M/EotB like games.
Alas, the SWGames site is d.e.a.d. so there's no real source for the games but some buckthirsty shareware sites. And so my question is, can anyone tell what the status is for these games? Any chance for them being abandonware or liberated? Or should i molest the gog.com for them [they have around 7 votes on the wishlist ATM]?

catchaserguns 19-08-2013 11:27 PM

I tried to contact the publisher myself through an email and they said:
Hi, I'm not sure that we can help. Even though the contract with SW
was never formally dissolved, I have not had contact with them since
the late 90's. All our old DOS games are indeed abandoned and as far
as we are concerned they can be distributed freely. If you can find
them on abandonware sites, and if SW Games don't say otherwise, we
don't have a problem for you to download them. I am not even sure if
we even still have copies of those games, that was a long time ago.

regards
Spectrum Pacific

That was this morning I got the email. I hope someone loads up the full games

Scatty 20-08-2013 08:31 AM

Got Chapter 2 (two versions) and The Tyrants of Thaine here. One version of Chapter 2 seems to be registered, the other shareware but fully playable through a simple trick. The Tyrants of Thaine was never a shareware anyway, as far as I'm aware.
Only played Chapter 2, somewhere in late 90's, so I couldn't help with a review at the moment.

Smiling Spectre 21-08-2013 04:41 AM

All three parts here. Just in case someone really need it. ;)

The current time is 10:48 PM (GMT)