Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Troubleshooting (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Control Problems With Dos Games (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=5122)

Unhappy player 22-05-2005 08:53 PM

Greetings abandonia-people. My problem is that the controls in two DOS games (One Must Fall 2097 and Sango Fighter) do not work correctly. When I use the arrows to navigate menus, it's also like I hit "Enter" at the same time. I hit "down" to go to "Tournament Play" and it selects the currently selected item on the menu.

In game play, I try to move backward, but the character kicks or punches instead. I have checked the current controls being used in the game (through much difficulty, I assure you), and I find nothing that could constitute this problem.

This same problem occurs, as stated, in two different DOS based games. I think it must be software incompatability issues. If anyone has a solution, I would be very thankful to hear it.

Please e-mail the answer or any suggestions to my email address, someEmail@gmail.com, instead of posting it on this forum.

Thanks again.

Email adress removed per the "Send me game X to my email adress" for unregistered members rule. If you want followups then come back on this forum, that's why it's here. :ok: -Eagle of Fire

Data 23-05-2005 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Unhappy player@May 22 2005, 09:53 PM
Please e-mail the answer or any suggestions to my email address, someEmail@gmail.com, instead of posting it on this forum.
no.

Removed email in quote for obvious reason. :whistle: -Eagle of Fire

Eagle of Fire 23-05-2005 07:50 AM

Did you try running the game(s) in DOSBox?

Omuletzu 23-05-2005 02:25 PM

I remember when i installed Dos 7.10 it said something about regional settings that go with my keyboard.Maybe you messed with those settings.Anyway since i'm not very sure, i suggest you reinstall dos, and get it over with.

samtam90 23-05-2005 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Unhappy player@May 22 2005, 08:53 PM
Greetings abandonia-people. My problem is that the controls in two DOS games (One Must Fall 2097 and Sango Fighter) do not work correctly. When I use the arrows to navigate menus, it's also like I hit "Enter" at the same time. I hit "down" to go to "Tournament Play" and it selects the currently selected item on the menu.

In game play, I try to move backward, but the character kicks or punches instead. I have checked the current controls being used in the game (through much difficulty, I assure you), and I find nothing that could constitute this problem.

This same problem occurs, as stated, in two different DOS based games. I think it must be software incompatability issues. If anyone has a solution, I would be very thankful to hear it.

Thanks again.

Email adress removed per the "Send me game X to my email adress" for unregistered members rule. If you want followups then come back on this forum, that's why it's here. :ok: -Eagle of Fire

Maybe it's a stupid question... Have you setted correctly the controls in the games? Do the controls don't work only with these two games or with other games too?

The current time is 08:15 PM (GMT)