Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Gaming Zone (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Ufo Xcom (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=4745)

Manav 29-04-2005 10:14 AM

I wanted to know if there are other games of XCOM similar to UFO........ I have been playing this game since ages and would want to try a new game of thiers on the UFO Modle.

Any suggestions............ and what do you thing of their graphics.

i have an AMD with 128 MB graphic card, 256 MB RAM and XP.

also if you could suggest some sites

Omuletzu 29-04-2005 11:01 AM

I don't understand which game you played from the series, so i will list all games that resemble your description:
Jagged Alliance
Jagged Alliance - Deadly Games
Sabre Team
Syndicate
Syndicate Wars
UFO - Enemy Unknown
UFO 2000 - be sure to read the review
X-Com - Apocalypse
X-Com - Terror from the Deep

BeefontheBone 29-04-2005 11:20 AM

there's UFO:Aftermath too, although most ppl who loved the original didn't like that one so much (I like it, but it does suddenly get really hard, which is irritating).

PrejudiceSucks 29-04-2005 11:30 AM

Possibly Jagged Alliance 2, that's not a young game nowadays.

Omuletzu 29-04-2005 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by BeefontheBone@Apr 29 2005, 01:20 PM
there's UFO:Aftermath too, although most ppl who loved the original didn't like that one so much (I like it, but it does suddenly get really hard, which is irritating).
I liked the game, but it wasn't anything special

The Fifth Horseman 29-04-2005 11:44 AM

X-Com Apocalypse is great, IMHO. Different to previous two parts of the series, indeed, but also largely improved. :ok: :ok:

MdaG 01-05-2005 08:20 PM

Might give this a try too. I haven't tried it, but it looks nice.

Kezz 01-05-2005 09:32 PM

In terms of gameplay, Silent Storm is much like the UFO and XCOM games. The action is turn based and the gameplay rules are almost identical (such as interrupts, different actions taking different Time Units, etc), and like those games the environment is completely destructible. One of my favorite things to do is to get an ultra-high powered gun and start blowing holes in buildings, haha.

The game is set in world war 2, and the story is interesting (albeit hard to follow and somewhat shallow), and did I mention how much fun it is to blow the holy bejeezus out of everything in sight?

The game is a couple years old and you should be able to find it for about 20 dollars, and by the way, you can blow up everything, which is quite fun.

...sorry, I just love destruction.

LordHart 03-05-2005 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by the_fifth_horseman@Apr 29 2005, 11:44 AM
X-Com Apocalypse is great, IMHO. Different to previous two parts of the series, indeed, but also largely improved. :ok: :ok:
I never liked it all that much myself. I think the retro look it gave to the vechiles and buildings, and the use of primary colours ruined it for me. It's similar to how I hate the VGA remake of Space Quest 1, as it added that Retro-60's style artwork which made it lose any of the originals charm.

Duncan Idaho 23-08-2006 05:22 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LordHart @ May 3 2005, 04:33 AM) [snapback]103493[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Quote:

Originally posted by the_fifth_horseman@Apr 29 2005, 11:44 AM
I never liked it all that much myself. I think the retro look it gave to the vechiles and buildings, and the use of primary colours ruined it for me. It's similar to how I hate the VGA remake of Space Quest 1, as it added that Retro-60's style artwork which made it lose any of the originals charm.
[/b]
I never tried any other X-Com game but Apocalypse, other than the music not working, it was an awesome game.

The current time is 03:40 PM (GMT)