Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes - The Case of Serrated Scalpel, The (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=898)

Kosta 06-10-2004 12:12 PM

Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes - The Case of Serrated Scalpel, The

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review

Amanda-Lyn 09-10-2004 07:39 AM

G'day, I need seious help (and not just in the mental stakes). I have got Sherlock and Watson to Anna's house but no matter what I do Watson will not let me open the door, and worst of all the game won't let me stab Watson to get him out of the way. It is infuriating. I ring the bell, knock on the door several times and then try the keys...but to no avail. I have done this probably 20 times or so (sucker me huh!). What the hec am I doing wrong. :cry:

Somebody please help me. WAAAAA!!

T T F N

Amanda-Lyn

Kosta 09-10-2004 11:56 AM

Hey!
Did you take a look at the walkthrough in the extras section? It might give you some insight ;)

Kon-Tiki 09-10-2004 01:14 PM

Oy, I keep forgetting to try this game out. Let's see how far I can get without the walkthrough. If I manage to get past it while the walkthrough's no help, I'll let you know how :)

Amanda-Lyn 10-10-2004 12:12 AM

In a desperate plea to work this thing out, I did have a look at a walkthrough (I typed in "Bell" so I didn't have to go through the whole document). It just says to use the door knock and ring the bel several times and then try the keys. It then goes on to say that watson will stop you....but just keep doing this until he says that you have waited long enough. I went though this a minimum of twenty times...I stopped counting after that. Oh well, any help would be very much appreciated. :bye:

Thanks

Amanda-Lyn

Kon-Tiki 10-10-2004 12:22 AM

Haven't gotten to that point in the game yet, but knowing adventure games, you probably missed something you have to get or do first. Did you try and see if you can do anything else somewhere else?

Amanda-Lyn 10-10-2004 12:42 AM

G'day again,

Without going through the walkthrough I don't know if I have missed anything - so I will go back and check every place I have been again. But in the mean time if anyone gets into Anna's apartment/house please post cause I am going absolutely BALMY!!! :w00t: This is the only thing that has caused me to stop.....BUGGER!

T T F N
Amanda-Lyn

Fawfulhasfury 10-10-2004 02:17 AM

I will see if I can remember. Try opening the door, knocking on the door, using the door knocker if there is one, looking in the window, calling for someone in the house, trying to open the door again.
But tell me is Watson not letting you open the door?
If so, then this should work.
It will also work if you can't get in the house. :D

Amanda-Lyn 10-10-2004 03:30 AM

Oh Forum Hobbit I could just Kiss you :wub:

I looked at everything. Then I tried to open door - it rang a door bell - then waited.....USED (not moved, stupid me) the door knocker......then USED the door bell and the used the keys.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

T T F N

Amanda-Lyn B)

Kon-Tiki 10-10-2004 03:45 AM

He's named Fawlfullhasfury. Forum hobbit's the rank he has, based on the amount of posts ;)

Can stop the rush through the game now :D 's Pretty hard to get through it as fast as possible, as in the games from Sherlock Holmes, you tend to need to examine everything twice and try everything out five times then talk several times to everybody on each location <_< Damn Case of the Rose Tattoo got so boring because of it.

The current time is 05:16 AM (GMT)