Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Gaming Zone (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Wanna Know Why Sierra Classics Aren't Available? (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=12013)

Maktaka 24-09-2006 11:18 AM

Here's why

Just came out too. My guess is there's more on the way. Still, if you've been pining for Roger Wilco's pixelated booty, $20 isn't that bad.

Iron_Scarecrow 24-09-2006 12:56 PM

That's some kick arse box art.

I wonder if Lucas Arts are planning a retail version of their Monkey Island pack, it would be good since we lost all our copies.

HappyGamer 24-09-2006 01:15 PM

I assuming that this is new release of the old games because it does not show system requriments. I still even have the old disk that was complation of the orginal 5 space quest games and even still have the cd of space qest 6 as well. Would be nice to know if this would work on xp and if they are offering cd rom versions of some of the later games in this series. Nice find!

Maktaka 25-09-2006 02:30 AM

You can just barely see in the top right corner a tag on the box saying "Works on Windows XP". Not sure if it's recompiled or it they run through an emulator (or if that's an empty promise), but in THEORY they work on XP.

If you want more, EBGames also has Police Quest, King's Quest, and Liesure Suit Larry collections all just added, all for $20. The King's Quest one goes on sale tomorrow (at the time writing), so there may be even more on the way.

Frodo 25-09-2006 02:41 AM

Ooh, these are lovely. Especially King's Quest & Space Quest. :brain:

I couldn't find anything about posting though. Do they post to the UK? :unsure:

Maktaka 25-09-2006 04:56 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Frodo @ Sep 25 2006, 02:41 AM) [snapback]257206[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

I couldn't find anything about posting though. Do they post to the UK?
[/b]
EBGames does have international shipping options, but there are some hoops to jump through. Check the help section of EBGames before you order from them.

On the other hand, Vivendi Universal is French company if I remember correctly, so you may be able to find a distributor a little closer to home.

JimmyJ 25-09-2006 05:28 AM

As for if it uses emulators, ituses dosbox.

gregor 25-09-2006 05:41 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JimmyJ @ Sep 25 2006, 05:28 AM) [snapback]257212[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

As for if it uses emulators, ituses dosbox.
[/b]
:blink:

perhaps the owe some copy rights to the authors for distribution :D

Data 25-09-2006 07:28 AM

They use DOSBox.
Not that they asked them, but that isn't needed officially either.

HappyGamer 25-09-2006 09:14 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Iron_Scarecrow @ Sep 24 2006, 12:56 PM) [snapback]257092[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

I wonder if Lucas Arts are planning a retail version of their Monkey Island pack, it would be good since we lost all our copies.
[/b]

Yeah! I am suprise with the classic gaming fad these days that Lucas Arts has not hopped on the complation band wagon of their older games since they made some of the best adventure games ever. BTW, speaking of Lucas Arts are they ever going to pick back up the projects to make sequals to Full Throttle and Sam and Max?

The current time is 10:09 AM (GMT)