Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Blah, blah, blah... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   How Did You Find Out About Abandonia? (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=5483)

Indignus IV 07-06-2005 08:34 PM

Just like it says, Guys.
How did you find out about this site? How did we all get here?

I got here, oddly enough, because about a month ago I was looking for a free copy of SimEarth (this was before I got smart and learned about ESA and all that) google showed me this link, and I went in. Amazed at the easy to use format and the amount of games, I downloaded literaly hundreds. Than, just curious, I went to the forum. Interested, I posted a little as a guest. After a couple days I joined, and here I am. :D

BeefontheBone 07-06-2005 08:35 PM

It was mentioned in PC Gamer magazine - I came for Colonization to download, and stayed for the forum.

A. J. Raffles 07-06-2005 08:38 PM

Braindead mentioned it over at the Mordor forums, I think. I lurked for quite some time before deciding to register, though.

Danny252 07-06-2005 08:38 PM

I came looking for abandonware, might have been transport tycoon or simfarm, they were just out when I got here.
guestbook was the forum, we communicated by email..
then the forum came.
and thats how I became member 9.

BeefontheBone 07-06-2005 08:39 PM

Quote:

raindead mentioned it over at the Mordor forums, I think. I lurked for quite some time before deciding to register, though.
Interestingly, I did the same but coming from here to the Mordor forums. Actually, haven't lurked in there for a while - been playing Zangband TK instead.

Doc Adrian 07-06-2005 08:40 PM

Just found it while roaming on Google...fell in love and stayed here since :)

Tulac 07-06-2005 08:43 PM

I bumped on it when I searched something on one of local search engines(it was like freeware or something), I wanted to check out the forum(thought it was on Croatian), and then I saw that I can contribute games, so I decided to stay...

A. J. Raffles 07-06-2005 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BeefontheBone@Jun 7 2005, 08:39 PM
Interestingly, I did the same but coming from here to the Mordor forums. Actually, haven't lurked in there for a while - been playing Zangband TK instead.
[Sorry for being off-topic here]
You didn't register, though, did you? I'm sure I would have noticed a member with that nickname...

Danny252 07-06-2005 08:44 PM

ack, I cant even remember the site I got here from.. *checks links*
of, of course, the abandonware ring :P
and about offtopic: as long as it dosen't mess up the thread some offtopic is ok, by me.. :P

BeefontheBone 07-06-2005 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by A. J. Raffles+Jun 7 2005, 09:44 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (A. J. Raffles @ Jun 7 2005, 09:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-BeefontheBone@Jun 7 2005, 08:39 PM
[Sorry for being off-topic here]
You didn't register, though, did you? I'm sure I would have noticed a member with that nickname... [/b][/quote]
Hmmm. Never got round to it. Have done now though :P

The current time is 02:27 AM (GMT)