Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Blah, blah, blah... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   It's So Hot! (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=2867)

ultranewbie 02-02-2005 10:13 PM

Now... New Zealand isn't known for being its sweltering heat. But summer has been good to Wellington in the last week. I LOVE it!! :w00t:

(sorry, just needed to get it out)

p.s. if anyone remembers, I was moaning about the snow we were having around Christmas. Ignore that, that was up in the mountains. It's always cold there - duh.

Kon-Tiki 02-02-2005 10:15 PM

Damn you! The moment there's a bit of wind or some rain, we're freezing our earlobes off. Actually, I kinda like it, unless I stay still outside >_>

Eagle of Fire 02-02-2005 10:17 PM

Summer in February 2? We are not at the same place on the globe my friend. ;)

Strobe 02-02-2005 10:22 PM

i really envy you for your warm climate! we actually suffer from light-heavy snow
during the past two weeks, and the temperature scale hangs around 0°C all the time....!

i think that's quite normal for germany but that doesn't necessarily include that i'm
getting comfortable with these temperatures. i hate it! i'm longing for summer or
at least spring...!

ultranewbie 02-02-2005 10:23 PM

hehe, yeah.. I'm way down the bottom of the world.

When I was in Germany, it's always "Die warme Suden" (The warm south). But for us, south only means Antarctica.

Is that German correct? It's been 4 years since I was there...

Puffin 02-02-2005 10:23 PM

We've had around 8-10°c here lately, and it rains a lot :angry:
Hmm... can't wait for next summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Strobe 03-02-2005 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ultranewbie@Feb 2 2005, 11:23 PM
hehe, yeah.. I'm way down the bottom of the world.

When I was in Germany, it's always "Die warme Suden" (The warm south). But for us, south only means Antarctica.

Is that German correct? It's been 4 years since I was there...

your german is almost correct... it's:
"der warme süden"

actually, i'm right now feel like living at antarctica, brrrrrr....damn the coldness!

rainwife 03-02-2005 01:49 AM

Well, it is freezingly cold here in Slovenija and as far as I have heard on TV there are some highways (Autobahn) closed from Germany to Austria - I think it is the A8 from München to Salzburg...
All I can say is hang in and enjoy, where ever you are :ok:
I prefer summer too - I just don't like the fact that that's the time to wear bathing-suits :whistle: :ot:

Puffin 03-02-2005 06:04 AM

The most heat I've been in was around 30°c in Switzerland one and a half year ago...
When the big heatwave was ending.
Sitting in a train for 6 hours in that heat, with a fleeze sweater, isn't really nice.

Iron_Scarecrow 03-02-2005 10:40 AM

You should try playing cricket for 5 hours straight when its 42°c. But I prefer cooler weather. Around the 20°c mark. Hot weather ain't to my liking.

The current time is 05:58 PM (GMT)