Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Approved Requests (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Captain Blood (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=17938)

InvaderJem 28-09-2008 10:07 AM

Captain Blood

I'm not sure how this whole thing works, but here goes... -.-'

The FAQ thingy said that if I wanted to upload something to make Abandonia a more wonderful place than it already is, I was to come here. I've checked the status of this game, and made sure it IS Abandonware, but ISN'T on the site already.

The game in question is Captain Blood - a great and wonderful sci-fi adventure-type game. It is quite complicated to master, but very fun to play; if it were uploaded to the site some guidelines etc may be needed to come with it. To summarise the game play (I have the manual, and it's actually really quite long!!) you go around finding planets, talking to aliens, and blowing up planets (lol).

I already have this game on my comp in the Atari (ST) format, and I'm sure there's more versions floating around the net somewhere. I also have an original copy (sounds exciting, doesn't it?) of the game in Amiga format, but I have no idea how to get it onto my main comp anyway (unless if someone can enlighten me).

So what do ya all think?

_r.u.s.s. 28-09-2008 10:20 AM

man that game looks good. and you even have manual so it could even be complete stuff with the extras. do you wanna review it? write some opinions about it and what's the game about, you don't have to worry, it doesn't have to be perfect

and the dos version will be most probably easilly found, you don't have to worry about it

i'm sure this will be great game to add after updates are resumed

Tomekk 28-09-2008 10:48 AM

Ohh, I remember this one. I played at my friend and it looked very fun. :P (I never understood how to play it well)
I have the DOS version on my computer....somewhere... :thumbs:

Dave 28-09-2008 12:16 PM

Definitely abandoned :OK:

InvaderJem 30-09-2008 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s. (Post 338212)
man that game looks good. and you even have manual so it could even be complete stuff with the extras. do you wanna review it? write some opinions about it and what's the game about, you don't have to worry, it doesn't have to be perfect

and the dos version will be most probably easilly found, you don't have to worry about it

i'm sure this will be great game to add after updates are resumed

Sure, I could review it!! Uh... As I said I'm new to uploading etc, how do I actually do that? (I know, it sounds a stupid question -.-') I mean like, where do I post it/who do I contact/what kind of things should I say?

I can even get some screenshots, if ya want :amused:

Tomekk 30-09-2008 04:34 PM

Check out the Community Reviews section.

Luchsen 30-09-2008 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InvaderJem (Post 338431)
how do I actually do that?

PM sent. :PM:

Report your uploads in the respective request threads. If you are a nag, you additionally can PM the updaters. :amused:

_r.u.s.s. 01-10-2008 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomekk (Post 338434)
Check out the Community Reviews section.

no tomekk, this serves a different purpose

The Fifth Horseman 01-10-2008 09:34 AM

Precisely so. Community Reviews is for:
* reviewing games we can't put up on Abandonia at the time
* reviewing games which already have a review on Abandonia
* reviewing stuff which doesn't really belong on the main site

InvaderJem 02-10-2008 09:36 PM

I'll upload as soon as I can... Shan't be long, just need to get the files together :P Just so ya'll know! :max:

The current time is 05:03 PM (GMT)