Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Carrier Command (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=14583)

Romano 22-06-2007 08:52 AM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

fonso 24-06-2007 02:50 PM

Is anyone else getting those "divide by zero" errors when running the game in dosbox? They seem to be related to the cycle number assigned to dosbox and appear when starting or flying the mantas (in the 3d environment). The game crashes and I get a "divide by zero" error then. For a fixed number of cycles the error appears in deterministic situations, but the situations vary with the number of cycles.

Any ideas?

The Fifth Horseman 25-06-2007 12:12 PM

Change Core to Normal.

Guest 25-06-2007 07:19 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Jun 25 2007, 01:12 PM) [snapback]296263[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Change Core to Normal.
[/b]
What is Core? Anyway, upgrading to the latest dosbox (0.70) solves the problem. The version I used before was 0.65

The Fifth Horseman 26-06-2007 11:40 AM

Core is a setting in DOSBox.conf that changes the way DOSBox emulates a CPU.

Japo 26-06-2007 12:09 PM

The dynamic core emulation is more stable in 0.70 than in previous versions, besides other improvements and speed optimization, so do use the latest version as a rule of thumb. Or maybe it's that 0.70 set core to normal because of its default auto mode.

Guest_Falcon_* 27-06-2007 03:02 PM

Is there some way to set your defences to fire automaticaly? From what I remember from years ago when I first played this game, 90% of the systems are there just to distract you. What is the point of launching flares for example, if it prevents you from actualy shooting down the enemy planes.

As for killing the enemy carrier, that's not even a challange. Once you know where it is, just launch a walrus with those nasty guided missles. A full salvo will kill the enemy.

Guest_Reyth_* 28-07-2007 06:47 AM

Yup this game totally rocks. What killed it for me though was when I found out how easy it is to kill the enemy carrier: you need only ONE LONE WALRUS.

After I saw that I deleted the game. Really a shame.

TotalAnarchy 26-03-2009 09:45 AM

Up until now it seems the gamepage linked to the thread for the game "Cardinal Of The Kremlin, The".

That has been fixed, and the gamepage is sending you now to the right thread - this one.

VFRHawk 27-07-2009 06:17 PM

Enemy Carrier Strength

As a matter of interest, has anybody ever tried to find where the enemy carriers hull strength is stored? I see there's a .dat file, which opens as gobbledygook in Wordpad, but I wonder if someone with some programming knowledge would be able to open that in the right program and see if there's anyway to adjust the enemy carriers "hit points"? Just a thought.

I remember playing this on my old Atari ST - in fact it was one of the main reasons I bought my Atari ST! - and I'm going to give the PC version another crack. Would be nice to be able to make the enemy carrier more of a challenge though!

VFRHawk

The current time is 06:50 AM (GMT)