Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Old News (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   New ISO Forum! (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=12998)

Tom Henrik 18-12-2006 09:51 PM

We have opened a new forum, The ISO Cellar.

This forum is visible to members with 100+ posts and VIPs, and will consist of nothing but links to CD Images of Abandoned games, or games released as freeware. Thanks go to Gargantuan Orangutang for comming up with the idea.

Please read the forum rules within the forum before using it, and enjoy the new addition to the site. :)

There's not too much content in it right now, but with the help from all of you, we hope to be able to offer one of the internet's best ISO resource for abandonware and freeware.

Have fun! :ok:

Mighty Midget 18-12-2006 10:47 PM

:kosta:
This is getting better and better. A big hand to the Crew and Gargantuan Orangutang.

Lulu_Jane 19-12-2006 06:47 AM

Wow! Deepest and most truly heartfelt thanks and appreciation to you guys for providing this resource :brain:

I agree with our Mightiest Midget - it is getting better and better!

velik_m 19-12-2006 05:50 PM

It might be a good idea to add a list of ISOs, so you don't have to go through all the subforums to see what's in there.

Mighty Midget 19-12-2006 05:59 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(velik_m @ Dec 19 2006, 07:50 PM) [snapback]272141[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

It might be a good idea to add a list of ISOs, so you don't have to go through all the subforums to see what's in there.
[/b]
I don't know. Seems unneccessary to me. After all, the subforums make that list in my eyes. The list would have to be sorted alphabetically, and that's exactly what the subforums do. If it's about this speed/loading issue, then that won't last forever, and once AB is back on it's feet, I believe this will work like a charm.

Abi79 19-12-2006 07:04 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mighty Midget @ Dec 19 2006, 08:59 PM) [snapback]272144[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(velik_m @ Dec 19 2006, 07:50 PM) [snapback]272141[/snapback]
Quote:

[/b]
I don't know. Seems unnecessary to me. After all, the subforums make that list in my eyes. The list would have to be sorted alphabetically, and that's exactly what the subforums do. If it's about this speed/loading issue, then that won't last forever, and once AB is back on it's feet, I believe this will work like a charm. [/b][/quote]I would actually find it pretty useful. Imagine that you are not searching for a particular game. Will you open every letter in a tab or just look at a list and see what name catches your eye? :)

Mighty Midget 19-12-2006 07:18 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Abi79 @ Dec 19 2006, 09:04 PM) [snapback]272152[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mighty Midget @ Dec 19 2006, 08:59 PM) [snapback]272144[/snapback]
Quote:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(velik_m @ Dec 19 2006, 07:50 PM) [snapback]272141[/snapback]
Quote:

[/b]
I don't know. Seems unnecessary to me. After all, the subforums make that list in my eyes. The list would have to be sorted alphabetically, and that's exactly what the subforums do. If it's about this speed/loading issue, then that won't last forever, and once AB is back on it's feet, I believe this will work like a charm. [/b][/quote]I would actually find it pretty useful. Imagine that you are not searching for a particular game. Will you open every letter in a tab or just look at a list and see what name catches your eye? :)
[/b][/quote]

Imagine a list of 130 games... I think I'll stick to the subforums. A couple of titles makes it easier to linger, and when I finally decide to keep looking, I'll just go to the next subforum :)

chainsoar 20-12-2006 12:30 AM

Great stuff - although I dislike ISOs myself, I still feel this is a great step forward for AB, as there are a lot of people who don't share my feelings on the subject. Good job!

Gargantuan Orangutan 20-12-2006 02:06 PM

You can always use the forum search function to find a something in particular you're looking for.

bobson 20-12-2006 08:10 PM

What when this silt/subforms will grow large?
Will there be a person, who will be checking the lnks?
after some time they can be out-of-date ... what then ??

The current time is 10:29 AM (GMT)