Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Tech Corner (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Best OS (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=1789)

Koen 18-12-2004 11:43 AM

I was wondering how many of you want to defend their choice of OS... :D

Eagle of Fire 18-12-2004 12:00 PM

Since the question was which one is your "favorite"... I voted DOS. :D

Sebatianos 18-12-2004 12:02 PM

Yeah - I prefer typing to clicking too!

FreeFreddy 18-12-2004 12:49 PM

I liked Dos when it was out there. But since Windows is better graphically as it's easier to use, I like it.

Eagle of Fire 18-12-2004 12:51 PM

Quote:

since Windows is better graphically as it's easier to use
Sorry, I think my brain imploded when I've read this completely false statement...

if... then... Gosup? Y/n/a?

FreeFreddy 18-12-2004 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Eagle of Fire@Dec 18 2004, 02:51 PM
Sorry, I think my brain imploded when I've read this completely false statement...
Still alive?..
I meant graphically better then Dos... :rolleyes:
Or would you like to say that Dos looks better than Windows?

Eagle of Fire 18-12-2004 12:55 PM

Quote:

Or would you like to say that Dos looks better than Windows?
Do I really have to answer this? :rolleyes:

What's not better looking then Windows?

Sebatianos 18-12-2004 01:18 PM

Well there is this picture of ______________ insert a name of someone you really hate on the line.

QBiN 25-12-2004 08:13 PM

OK, here's my take...

Some will argue windows is not the best looking. Many will argue windows is bloated. Almost all will argue Windows is the most vulnerable/targetted platform for viruses and the like.

But ask yourself one question... For the average joe, what other OS offers the convenience, the backwards-compatibility, relative-performance, universalism, choice of software, and availability of support as Windows?

I contend none.

Linux is fast and, if customized with a stunning window manager + theme, beautiful; but linux is only for the extreme technophile and has zero support.

The Mac's OSX is arguably fast and offers realtively high performance with a good look and established support. But where's your choice of software?

DOS... well, while DOS holds a special place in my memory, it's like saying the Amiga Workplace or CPM is your favorite OS.

I hate to say it, and I really mean "I HATE TO SAY IT", but Windows is really the best Jack of all trades (but master of none) out there.

While there are days that I pine to fire up the old 386/25, run Telemate and dial up my favorite BBS with my blazing USR Courier 9600 HST; usually reality sets in just about the time Windows update tells me I need to reboot to install the patch for the most recent vulnerability.

Cheers.

Eagle of Fire 25-12-2004 08:28 PM

Quote:

but Windows is really the best Jack of all trades (but master of none) out there.
Medium to everything, so good for nothing. :ok:

The current time is 05:27 PM (GMT)