Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Superhero League of Hoboken (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=971)

Tom Henrik 17-10-2004 01:35 PM

Superhero League of Hoboken

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

Kon-Tiki 17-10-2004 01:54 PM

Heeheehee, you know, I keep forgetting 'bout this game, although it's amazing. Would've reviewed it myself if I remembered it. I mean, a game where someone's superpowers is folding roadmaps or eating really spicey stuff... can't go wrong there. Good job :ok:

Havell 17-10-2004 03:22 PM

How do you heal your people on this game? Also, is the a map of the game area (apart from within the game becaus I can't find anything.

Martin 17-10-2004 03:34 PM

The game is cool, but it isn't something i would play.

Tom Henrik 17-10-2004 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by R Havell@Oct 17 2004, 03:22 PM
How do you heal your people on this game? Also, is the a map of the game area (apart from within the game becaus I can't find anything.
Press R for Rest.

Stroggy 17-10-2004 06:54 PM

hahahaha
Hoboken.

sorry, I laugh because Hoboken is a working-class neighbourhood in Antwerp, known for a high concentration of cleaninglady+factoryemployee families.
and a low concentration of IQ

BlackMageJawa 17-10-2004 09:02 PM

Excellent! I've had this game for a while (found it on HOTU), and it's great fun.

Go Robomop!

Tha Boommaster 11-12-2004 06:54 PM

I've you looking for sound in the game... just activate it in the option menu... :ok:

it's sounds soooo nice! :w00t:

Borodin 09-01-2005 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Stroggy@Oct 17 2004, 06:54 PM
hahahaha
Hoboken.

sorry, I laugh because Hoboken is a working-class neighbourhood in Antwerp, known for a high concentration of cleaninglady+factoryemployee families.
and a low concentration of IQ

The city is part of the urban sprawl of Northern New Jersey in the US, and was named after the town you mention. It was settled by the Dutch, and it's approximately 30 minutes away from New York City--which of course, they settled first, as New Amsterdam. :D "Hoboken" was deliberately chosen because it's so prosaic, so unheroic and ordinary: a dull, grey, ugly industrial place.

Come to think of it, it sounds like the Dutch and US versions have a lot in common. ;)

Great game, by the way. One of Meretzky's late attempts to find a new form for his wild humor as the PC market was changing. I found it a bit too topical at times (you had to know a good deal about American baseball to solve one major puzzle, for instance), but a lot had me laughing out loud.

MasterGrazzt 09-01-2005 03:23 PM

This game is an insult to one of my favourite genres!

Just kidding. It rocks. I LOVE a good superhero parody, and I'd say this one is on the same level as the Tick.

The current time is 08:52 AM (GMT)