Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Invalid Requests (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Kings Quest VII - The Princeless Bride [GoG] (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=16468)

feminista 05-12-2004 03:25 AM

Kings Quest VII - The Princeless Bride [GoG]

I've noticed that the tail end of certain Sierra series are not on the site, specifically King's Quest 7 and Space Quest 6. I just checked the Sierra website, and I'm reasonably sure that these titles have been abandoned (amazon had only used copies). I already own King's Quest 7 (though I've been using a 68k mac emulator to run it. Silly Windows.), but I remember Space Quest 6 fondly, and when I tried to purchase it back when it was new it wouldn't run on my old performa, so I returned it and got some other stuff, so now I'd really like to see it show up on some abandonware sites, but it seems that it is missing, for no reason that I can see, since it is quite old and seemingly abandoned.

Anyway, I've just found this site, and it seems like a great community and I plan on staying around. I thought I'd never again see Hand of Fate (Legend of Kyrandia 2), and I did love that game so much. And I furthermore didn't care to spend $100+ to get King's Quest Collection secondhand.

Tom Henrik 05-12-2004 09:38 AM

Sierra is very protective about their old games. And ESPECIALLY the last game in any series. That is why the last "episodes" are not on this site.

wormpaul 05-12-2004 01:19 PM

And Sierra will follow that path for the coming years...

It's hard but fair from their side :angel:

Fawfulhasfury 05-12-2004 02:20 PM

I know a site (not an abandonware site, just one dedicated to Space Quest) that has Space Quest 1-6 up for download.
It is so easy to find I doubt it would still be up without Sierra's permission.

Tom Henrik 05-12-2004 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Fawfulhasfury@Dec 5 2004, 03:20 PM
I know a site (not an abandonware site, just one dedicated to Space Quest) that has Space Quest 1-6 up for download.
It is so easy to find I doubt it would still be up without Sierra's permission.

I have a feeling you are talking about our good friend Frans over at SpaceQuest.net... Yes, he has a special permission from Sierra to place all his things available for download.

Everyone should check his site out (especially if you want the manuals ;))

Fawfulhasfury 05-12-2004 03:08 PM

yep
That it.
I especially wanted the manuals. LOL
Actually I found Space Quest 6 to be the worst of the series. Mostly cause of it's numerous bugs. :wall:

feminista 05-12-2004 05:30 PM

Well, thanks for the information, and especially for the link. I'm rather depressed that people who haven't played KQ7 will have to seek out on ebay if they wish to play it, because it's one of my favorites.

Allen 05-12-2004 07:25 PM

I got KQ7 a few years ago in a Value Soft package. It's called "volume.five.1" and contains KQ7, Ancient Evil, Lords of the Realm II and Fields of fire. Worth it for ?5.00 GBP.

Iron_Scarecrow 06-12-2004 09:58 AM

Was KQ7 were you played as the Queen or something. Or just an old woman in a blue dress and you started in the desert with the plant and the water the stone mouth?

I heard of a KQ8 about 3 years ago. It looked a bit like Morrowind, was this ever finished? or was the project abandoned?

Allen 06-12-2004 11:18 AM

Yeah, KQ7 had you play as Queen Valanice and Princess Rosella. I must admit, it wasn't the best one. KQ3 was my favorite ;)

The current time is 05:09 PM (GMT)