Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   7th Legion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=21854)

bobson 09-10-2009 05:22 AM

7th Legion

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review & Download

HailToNietzsche 11-10-2009 02:54 AM

I've played Dune II back in 1992 and I loved it!

It's quite unfair that C&C carried off the bays...

Nevertheless I'm eager to try this DII-descendant which I've never heard of. :embarassed:

Thank you Abandonia! :)

Snake_Plissken 18-10-2009 03:52 PM

It's really an interesting game, it has some action sequences besides strategy.
I remember playing it before 2000.

iamgod 08-08-2010 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snake_Plissken (Post 385805)
It's really an interesting game, it has some action sequences besides strategy.
I remember playing it before 2000.

definably a good game

Nyerguds 22-08-2010 09:58 AM

If it's released in '97, it no longer qualifies as Dune II clone though; it's simply a C&C clone.

The crate powerup system is simply copied from C&C, where you had random crates spawning in multiplayer games. Heck, even the praised area of effect of the powerups was already there in C&C.

Still, gotta try it out :)

Lazy Lion 24-08-2010 03:36 PM

Hehe I love finding games which I didnīt remember I ever played... but this game was quite awesome, now I really need a new graphics card :mhh:

It was really entertainig, but nothing which will keep you motivated very long... still 5/5 for the memories

blitzmut 12-12-2010 11:13 PM

I remember playing the demo/shareware version of this game - today we'd call it an open beta - and LOVING it. This game came out just as RTS games were seen by everyone as THE genre, so there were literally dozens of new RTS games offering those demos every 10 days or so. Most never got published of course.
I also remember playing the demo for Ion Storm's first release, Dominion: Storm Over Gift 3 right around the same time as this game.

Can't wait to play this.

Deeem2031 04-08-2011 10:33 PM

Funny finding my own graphics fix on a website i don't know and to be honest I'm a little disappointed that i don't get any credits for it but hey - at least it's spreading and people are able to play this.
7th Legion was one of my favorite games back in time and I don't even know why 'cause it has many flaws especially the path finding. I can't tell you why I like this game but I still like it that much that a play a round from time to time. Maybe it's the unit design, the cards or the background music - I don't know for sure but this is at least worth a try!

Chaos Raven 30-05-2012 10:11 AM

Certainly a good game and one which i remember playing when i was younger before the disc was lost my only issue with the game is that there are no fmv sequences and to me they were one of the best parts of the game

Lost Devotee 09-12-2013 02:08 AM

No-Cd.zip?

Okay, Don't know where to find the No-CD.zip, perhaps I'm just not seeing it? any help would be appreciated.

The current time is 08:43 AM (GMT)