Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Old Suggestions (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   Other Suggestions (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=2479)

Omuletzu 17-01-2005 03:03 PM

Two suggestions:
1)Company profiles, like the doggy dogs have.Besides browsing the games by company, the user can also learn a few things about his favorite oldies company.
If this idea ever materialises, then i will make the profile for westwood
2)A dos dedicated section for the main site.I can provide the last version of dos, and many dos utilities.Of course this would also mean dedicating a part of the forum to the new section(with titles like troubleshooting, etc.).

punch999 17-01-2005 04:00 PM

this is a great idea and i agree with itwhole heartedly

this will make us have alot of features and that means more ppl and more ppl mean more donations and u get the drift $$$$$$$$$$$

Omuletzu 17-01-2005 04:08 PM

Besides bringing more donations, which could be a possible outcome, this also has potential to draw contributors(as in games, reviews, etc.).And besides it would do the site good, as it would show that we not only care for the games, but also for the authors!

Strobe 17-01-2005 05:52 PM

applause!!! :cheers:

this idea is simply great! i would really approve a "company section" at abandonia!

if this comes true, let me please do lucas arts!!! :D

both thumbs up, omuletzu!! :ok: :ok:

Kosta 17-01-2005 06:00 PM

Company section, sure, I'm just not sure who would write short history of these software companies... you may start with westwood and we'll see if things pick up pace. But I wouldn't do it like the Underdogs... I would rather organize it as a section which would have editorials on the biggest software producers such as sierra, lucasarts, blizzard, westwood and so on.... We could write detailed development of such a company, its biggest achievements and so on. Perhaps even get an interview from one of the ex-employees in those companies. So, a short list of most important ones, with very detailed info about each one.

As for DOS operating system, that's under microsoft's copyright, so, sorry, no go

Rogue 17-01-2005 06:19 PM

There are two versions of DOS available for free. (in ISO format)

FreeDOS and MS DOS 7.1

Omuletzu 18-01-2005 10:46 AM

Exactly and MS DOS 7.1 is the version i will upload(which is free)

The tricky things are the software.I mean i can upload programs such as norton utilities for dos, screenthief, dos navigator, programs for listening to music, viewing pics, etc..., but they could still be sold(although i doubt it)

Unknown Hero 18-01-2005 08:54 PM

Excelent suggestion (we talked about similar things already before eg. interviews...)!
Also if win 3.3 (or 3.1) is available for free, it would be great to have it on site! :ok:

xoopx 18-01-2005 09:29 PM

good old dos!

is dos 7.1 better than freedos?

im used to dos 5.0 then 6.2 (i used to work with it back in the days, along with win 3.11)

goood old dos!

i still use wordperfect 5.1 for dos sometimes on winxp hehe

Havell 18-01-2005 09:31 PM

LOL Wordperfect is cool, my mum's always mumbling about all the fancy features of Word get in the way and she prefered Wordperfect because that just had all the things you needed and not all the gimmicks.

The current time is 10:32 AM (GMT)