Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Times Of Lore (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=4840)

Strobe 04-05-2005 10:54 AM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review

Coltyhuxx 04-05-2005 03:27 PM

Thanks for the upload.. looking at the screenshots really brought back memories of this game. One of those games I played heavily for months but never really got anywhere. I remember standing at those very castle gates in the second screenshot. I also recall getting a magical boomerang axe at the expense of murdering a townfolk. I kept trying to think of "the greater good" when I hacked him up. :sneaky:

Coltyhuxx

DiamondSoul 04-05-2005 06:17 PM

Holy crap, this game looks incredible for being made in 1988!

Borodin 05-05-2005 11:59 PM

A really excellent game, far ahead of its time. A shame Garriott fired the designer soon after its release.

Guest 23-06-2006 09:40 PM

I remember when I got this game to C64, and played it through in 2 days ! What a disappointment it was that it was so short and easy, but great fun for couple of hours.

catchaserguns 01-08-2006 01:53 AM

I remember playing this on the Commodore 64. Glad they made it freeware.

rabadi 04-08-2006 02:08 AM

I think I'm going to give this a try. Hopefully the combat is not arcade-like. Still feeling a traumatic experience after finishing Ancient Land of Ys :bleh:

EDIT: Okay... I assume when I start the game, I am at an inn. Am I right? Well, the review says that I can only save the game at an inn, but when I open the game option, I only have 3 choices, which are score, load game, and pause game. I don't see option to save game there. How can I save the game then? Also, how many slots does this game provide for saving the game, or is it just one?

rabadi (too lazy to login) 05-08-2006 10:47 AM

I don't even know how to exit the game. I have tried possible keys such as Alt+X or Ctrl+Q, but none work. So I was forced to exit the game by closing the DOSBox window instead.

The *manual* mentions about a reference card. I take it that it is a card listing all keys used in the game? Is it possible to supply this reference card? I googled for it already but failed to find one. Otherwise, can someone who knows about this game list alll the important/necessary keys?

Thanks in advance.

Guest 18-08-2006 10:37 PM

I think you save by resting at the inn. I remember playing this very briefly on the C64. My brother played it a lot until we tried copying the disk from our friend so we'd have our own copy and it broke the original disk. I thought it was a great game though.

rabadi 19-08-2006 12:37 AM

Well, as I said I assume I was at an inn when I started the game, but the only choices that appeared are score, load game, and pause game. I did not see an option to save game.

Until today I still have not found the reference card on the net. Never mind, I sort of lost interest already. Maybe someday I'll try again.

The current time is 04:43 PM (GMT)