Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Perfect General II (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=25772)

Unregistered23513451 18-09-2010 01:09 AM

Thanks Greywolf! your details helped me get it running. for anyone having trouble let me expand on what he said

you must do EVERYTHING on the C:\ install to c, set your cd to C:\ using the setup, mount to C:\ and do not patch

I have 2 hard drives (c and e) and a cd (d) when i tried installing on E i ran thought a few combos of what to set the cd as and how to mount, nothing (including using all E) worked. Once i read Graywolfs pos,t installed on the C and everything set to C it works. if i try changing the CD drive setting or mounting to something other then C it stops working again. Similar to others, even with everything set to C it stops working if i install the patch!

Thanks again guys and hope my explanation helps anyone still stuck! back to the game...

Japo 18-09-2010 11:19 PM

OK, the download has been replaced. We now host the patched 1.01 version, complete without any rips. A note has been added to the review. The patch extra is now superfluous, but nothing bad will happen either if you install it--it's already installed.

Important: you now have to start the game in DOSBox with dosbox.bat, not tpg2.exe.

If you want to re-install the game without erasing your saved progress, backup the "history" and "save" folders, and then copy them over the new installation.

MikeAdams 20-09-2010 12:34 AM

Um... For some strange reason i can't unzip the Zip file.
(I use a Mac, but i dont think thats the problem)

dosraider 20-09-2010 05:13 AM

@#@#@#@#@# Mac

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeAdams (Post 414124)
(I use a Mac, but i dont think thats the problem)

Oh yes, that's the problem. You're not the first on a @#@#@#@#@# Mac that has that problem.
Ask someone on a normal PC to unzip the game for you and put the folder on a USB key or so and copy it on your Mac.

FYI: Downed the 'new' archive yesterday: no problem whatsoever here.

MikeAdams 20-09-2010 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dosraider (Post 414130)
Ask someone on a normal PC to unzip the game for you and put the folder on a USB key or so and copy it on your Mac.

I just tried unzipping it on my PC laptop and it still says that it is corrupted :/
And i checked this out with other games from this site too.
All the Zip files seem to be messed up.

It could be my connection but other Zip files from other sites work just fine.

dosraider 20-09-2010 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeAdams (Post 414134)

That makes it pretty clear the problem is on your end, isn't it?

As most game archives aren't thàt big: ask someone else to download/unzip them for you.

...or sort out your problems. (Browser settings ? )

The Fifth Horseman 20-09-2010 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeAdams (Post 414134)
I just tried unzipping it on my PC laptop and it still says that it is corrupted :/

It could be my connection but other Zip files from other sites work just fine.

The archiver you're using might be the cause of the problem. Try a different one.

JeffV64 16-11-2010 04:21 PM

can't escape cd check

Hi all,

New at this so any help appreciated. I have perfect general 2 files extracted to my c drive, and the new dosbox (0.74) is also in that folder. I configured the dosbox autoexec as follows:

mount c c:\games\tpg2
c:
tpg2

I also configured the pgsetup to accept drive letter c as the cd drive location. The pgsetup.dat file updates with a new timestamp, so I assume that this change is being accepted.

When I launch dosbox I get the insert CD request, and can't seem to do anything to avoid it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Jeff

dosraider 16-11-2010 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffV64 (Post 417163)
mount c c:\games\tpg2
c:
tpg2

I also configured the pgsetup to accept drive letter c as the cd drive location. The pgsetup.dat file updates with a new timestamp, so I assume that this change is being accepted.

Nope.
Delete tpg2 folder and start over from scratch, by altering the cfg file you probably screwed up something.
No need to alter anything in the tpg2 folder, is ready to run 'as is' in dosbox.

Autoexec should be:

mount c c:\games\
c:

Run game: launch dosbox and input:
cd tpg2
dosbox

Also:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Japo (Post 414057)
Important: you now have to start the game in DOSBox with dosbox.bat, not tpg2.exe.

This should(*) work.

*'Should' because I have no idea on what Windows you are.

JeffV64 16-11-2010 08:28 PM

Thanks a ton dosraider -- that worked perfectly.

Jeff

The current time is 10:25 PM (GMT)