Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Troubleshooting (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Me/darklands/sound (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=5036)

Guest_Lokey 17-05-2005 07:51 AM

Yo,

Anyone have a solution for ME and gettin sound for Darklands??

I tried my bestest. In dossux I can't even type ":". I don't know how to fix whatever keyboard problem that may be. The drag and drop .exe solution worked, but still w/out sound folks. I keep hearing about how pleasing the sound is in DARKLANDS, I wanna hear it!! Any ideas???

Thanks,

Loks

Mad-E-Fact 17-05-2005 01:00 PM

Are you sure you are using the right program? The DosBox I have doesn't "sux bolls", so maybe that's the problem in the first place?

Lokey 17-05-2005 01:31 PM

Again I'm running "Windows Millenium Edition" aka ME. And no, you're right, dosbox is for 98-XP apparently. So, anybody know what for Win ME?

Darklands runs on Win ME from the .exe file, aber mit no sounden!!

WO IST MEIN SOUNDEN?!?

Cheers,

Loks

PS= I need an emulator for my emulator?

Data 17-05-2005 01:42 PM

dosbox runs fine on win ME
in the readme of dosbox (which is called readme (get the hint) )
there is the answer for your ':' problem

omg 17-05-2005 03:44 PM

try dfend as a frontend it makes editing multiple configs a breeze and you hardly have to type anyting.

samtam90 17-05-2005 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Guest_Lokey@May 17 2005, 07:51 AM
Yo,

Anyone have a solution for ME and gettin sound for Darklands??

I tried my bestest. In dossux I can't even type ":". I don't know how to fix whatever keyboard problem that may be. The drag and drop .exe solution worked, but still w/out sound folks. I keep hearing about how pleasing the sound is in DARKLANDS, I wanna hear it!! Any ideas???

Thanks,

Loks

Try to run it with VDMSound. It should work.

Lokey 17-05-2005 06:10 PM

Thanks for all the feedback folks!

OK, Dosbox works for Win ME, but I still have the same silent situation. The readme had no working answers (my keyboard conf. says it's US English, and the other suggestions are no good). Alles gut however, cause drag and drop still works; what we need is sound!

I tried VDMSound even before dosbox, but that one IS specifically for XP users. Thanks though. I've downloaded and made the "boot disk" and got the SB sound drivers, and now believe the solution is somewhere near, but can't quite figger it out from the readme's. Read me?

Think DFEND will work?

Thanks everyone...

samtam90 17-05-2005 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lokey@May 17 2005, 06:10 PM
Thanks for all the feedback folks!

OK, Dosbox works for Win ME, but I still have the same silent situation. The readme had no working answers (my keyboard conf. says it's US English, and the other suggestions are no good). Alles gut however, cause drag and drop still works; what we need is sound!

I tried VDMSound even before dosbox, but that one IS specifically for XP users. Thanks though. I've downloaded and made the "boot disk" and got the SB sound drivers, and now believe the solution is somewhere near, but can't quite figger it out from the readme's. Read me?

Think DFEND will work?

Thanks everyone...

So, have you solved the problem?

Eagle of Fire 17-05-2005 08:26 PM

Did you try to run the setup and configure the sound to soundblaster for DOSBox yet? It should work even if you don't have a real hardware soundblaster card installed in your computer box.

Lokey 18-05-2005 11:02 AM

OK, my DOS-sprech is nicht so gut.

In ME I think the only way to get a dos-prompt is from startup. What do I type to start "SBESET.exe" from a folder titled "DOS SB driver" on the desktop?

Apparently it won't work in "a windows setting" otherwise.

From there I think I know the (standard) SoundBlaster config. fur Dasbox.

Cheers...

The current time is 08:02 PM (GMT)