Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Invalid Requests (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Dread Dragon Droom [NON-PC] (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=15010)

mad_pc_man 05-08-2007 12:35 PM

Dread Dragon Droom [NON-PC]

Ok, I was about 4-6 when I played this, I will now list all the things I can remember.

1. It was on a 5 1/2 floppy disk.
2. I THINK It ran on a PC that you had to press "shift + break" to run it.
3. When you started the game, you chose what chapter to play.
4. The quality of the grpahics was, Coloured, but NO 3D. AND I think, no animation.
5. There was one part when you had to colour in a knight with no same colours touching.
6. There was a part with coloured floor tiles where there was a safe path.
7. There was a tap that you did something to to make it turn on.
8. There was a ?spider? that you had to draw a 5 pointed star shape with and got ?money?
9. At the end you had to tell a car (Forward 10 left 12, forward....) how to get to the castle to get the ?princess?

That's all I can remember, I do hope to find out what game it was. I would love to complete it.

mad_pc_man

_r.u.s.s. 05-08-2007 01:51 PM

it probably wont be the game but this description reminds me of a puzzle game simmilar to castle (or island) of dr. brain

mad_pc_man 05-08-2007 02:01 PM

Thanks for the reply, but to you, and anyone else, the graphics are much to good in that game. These graphics are simple, 2d colours, i'm not even sure there was shading.

mad_pc_man 06-08-2007 11:08 AM

*bump*

Dave 06-08-2007 11:29 AM

Don't do it again.
I can't help you, suggestions?

mad_pc_man 09-08-2007 10:07 AM

Any ideas?

Luchsen 09-08-2007 11:13 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(David86 @ Aug 6 2007, 01:29 PM) [snapback]303093[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Don't do it again.
[/b]

I've only found someone apparently searching the same game here.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mad_pc_man @ Aug 5 2007, 02:35 PM) [snapback]302914[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

2. I THINK It ran on a PC that you had to press "shift + break" to run it.
[/b]
The source mentions BBC Microcomputer, and you have to start it via Shift+Break.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mad_pc_man @ Aug 5 2007, 02:35 PM) [snapback]302914[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

3. When you started the game, you chose what chapter to play.
[...] to get the ?princess?
[/b]
Dread Dragon Droom?

[edit]
Yes, it is. About the chapters you mentioned:

Quote:

5. There was one part when you had to colour in a knight with no same colours touching.
6. There was a part with coloured floor tiles where there was a safe path.
9. At the end you had to tell a car (Forward 10 left 12, forward....) how to get to the castle to get the ?princess?
[/b]
I. The Robot
G. Crossing the Floor
L. The Journey Home
[/edit]

Dave 20-08-2007 01:25 PM

I PM'd him :ok: .

mad_pc_man 24-08-2007 10:41 PM

JUST got back from holiday,
THATS THE GODDAMN GAME YAHOO!!!
THANKS SOOOOOO MUCH
WOW
I am gonna play this NOW!
Thanks again
And again
PS How did you find this?

Luchsen 24-08-2007 11:44 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mad_pc_man @ Aug 25 2007, 12:41 AM) [snapback]306563[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

PS How did you find this?
[/b]
First I used a search engine with something like game colour knight (don't know exactly, my Firefox crashed a few days ago and after digging two hours the only thing I couldn't recover were the used search (and some other input) terms). I found a guy apparently searching the same game here. He mentions BBC Microcomputer, so I went to Wikipedia to check if it is started via Shift+Break. It's not described in the article, but there is a nice picture. Now I had to find the game, so I went to the Wikipedia Category:BBC Micro and Acorn Electron games. I went through the list clicking on games with (felt) "appropriate" titles. The fourth one was Dread Dragon Droom. The respective article says "princess", "divided into a number of chapters" and "Chapters can be practised individually". Then I downloaded it from the site mentioned at the end of the article, played it and found the chapters described by you.

The current time is 03:18 AM (GMT)