Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Blah, blah, blah... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Most Touching Book (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=2494)

Fawfulhasfury 17-01-2005 11:01 PM

The two books I found the most rememberable where Where the Red Fern Grows and I think it was called The Colour From Outer Space.

Fawfulhasfury 17-01-2005 11:21 PM

No, it was called The Colour Out of Space and it was written by H.P. Lovecraft.

Strobe 17-01-2005 11:41 PM

one of my favourite books is neuromancer, written by william gibson!
another one definitely worth mentioning is hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy
(douglas adams).... :kosta:

Iron_Scarecrow 18-01-2005 02:13 AM

Well I'm going to say His Dark Materials trilogy by Phillip Pullman. I actually cried at the end, it was so sad. :cry:

The Belgariad and The Mallorean series, also including Belgarath the Sorcerer and Polgara the Sorceress by David Eddings were also very touching.

wendymaree 18-01-2005 03:14 AM

I don't like much of the fiction that's out there. But one I really enjoyed was The Neverending Story (the book the movie was based on) It moved me because the main character, Bastion, seemed to have nothing going for him. Unlike his movie counterpart, he was fat, unattractive, unpopular and a dud at classes. Like one of the other characters comments (albeit jokingly): "Good Lord! A failure all along the line." Through the power of imagination and a magical book, Bastion finds himself in another world and becomes a hero by saving it from the evil Nothing.

I like books where ordinary people are given the chance to shine. :)

Iron_Scarecrow 18-01-2005 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by wendymaree@Jan 18 2005, 03:14 PM
Have you read Temple or Contest by Matthew Riley?

cheesegrater 18-01-2005 03:31 AM

Where the Red Fern Grows? Are you serious? Were you smoking pot while reading the book?

Iron_Scarecrow 18-01-2005 04:33 AM

That bad huh?

If we are talking most memorable I'd say The Walkers by Graham Masterton or The Night Parade by Scott Ciencin.

wendymaree 18-01-2005 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Iron_Scarecrow+Jan 18 2005, 04:21 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Iron_Scarecrow @ Jan 18 2005, 04:21 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-wendymaree@Jan 18 2005, 03:14 PM
Have you read Temple or Contest by Matthew Riley? [/b][/quote]
No I haven't. Because I trust your judgement, Iron Scarecrow, I'll give them a go :)

Iron_Scarecrow 18-01-2005 06:33 AM

Yeah they are good books, very fast paced action, and some of the stunts tend to verge on the impossible side but it makes for good reading. Actually Matthew Riley's book Ice Station is what got me into reading in the first place.

The current time is 05:49 AM (GMT)