Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Laura Bow 2 - The Dagger of Amon-Ra (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=634)

arete 08-05-2008 07:55 AM

Okay: hard question. Does anyone know how to help me with this? I get to the museum, I do everything I need to do, I talk to everybody about everything, but then I need to "eavesdrop on conversations". I'm supposed to sidle up to various groups and wait for about 16 conversations to take place, and then the stevedore is supposed to show up. None of this happens! Any ideas, anyone?

Sal 08-05-2008 11:45 PM

Laura Bow

Hi Arete.......Haven't played this game for a while but I do remember the bit you are asking about and I had that problem too so I went back and checked everything I had done before. If you have missed something like an item or speaking to someone etc...(sorry to be so vague) then you will find yourself wandering around the museum forever...I loved this game and had no technical problems at all...sorry I can't be of more help....SAL
Just had another thought..as you talk to people take a note of how many you talk to and look at everything . Try to pick up everything. I don't want to spoil anything for you but need to be sure that you have talked to everyone and picked up what you need to....SAL

Dwalin 25-05-2008 01:49 AM

Could anybody help me with a problem, please? I have installed the game and it functions rather well, but if I try to save it while playing, it starts to slow down and takes an enormous amount of time to find the folder which contains the savegame files and the same time to save it. Since this is a game in which a player has to save very often, all these slowdowns can become extremely annoying. Do you know it there is any patch that can solve the problem? I can't find any on internet.

P.S.
Sorry, if I did some grammatical errors - English is not my mother language.

Capo 25-05-2008 03:06 AM

This is the only patch and i dont think it can resolve your problem :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capo (Post 314677)
I have found a little patch that should resolve two bugs:
- Endless driving
- Moving painting to reveal safe

Here: http://www.geocities.com/belzorash/

The Fifth Horseman 25-05-2008 08:19 AM

Quote:

Could anybody help me with a problem, please? I have installed the game and it functions rather well, but if I try to save it while playing, it starts to slow down and takes an enormous amount of time to find the folder which contains the savegame files and the same time to save it. Since this is a game in which a player has to save very often, all these slowdowns can become extremely annoying. Do you know it there is any patch that can solve the problem? I can't find any on internet.
Running it in Windows or in DOSBox?

Dwalin 25-05-2008 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman (Post 326749)
Running it in Windows or in DOSBox?

It was in DOSbox, but I tried it in Windows just now and it seems to run faster, and not only during saving. It is strange though, because everywhere where I read about the game, it is said DOSbox shoud run faster. But in the Windows version, when I try to speak with characters or open the notebook, most of the screen becomes black.

The Fifth Horseman 26-05-2008 11:23 AM

What version of DOSBox do you have and what is your PC's hardware configuration?

Dwalin 26-05-2008 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman (Post 326841)
What version of DOSBox do you have and what is your PC's hardware configuration?

DOSBox0.72-win32-installer.exe,dosbox.conf – default, changed scaler to hq2x and:

[autoexec]
MOUNT C E:\OLDGAMES\amon
C:
SIERRA.EXE

PC:
WinXpro sp2
Intel pentium4 3.2, 2gb memory

The Fifth Horseman 26-05-2008 08:10 PM

Might be caused by the usual problems with detecting too much free HDD space. Try changing your mount line to:
MOUNT C E:\OLDGAMES\amon -freesize 100
Another possibility is that the automatic speed control doesn't work correctly for this game. This can be resolved by manually setting the speed to an arbitrary value. In DOSBox.conf, find the cycles setting and change it to 20000, also change the cycleup and cycledown settings to 1000 each.

Dwalin 28-05-2008 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman (Post 326896)
Might be caused by the usual problems with detecting too much free HDD space. Try changing your mount line to:
MOUNT C E:\OLDGAMES\amon -freesize 100
Another possibility is that the automatic speed control doesn't work correctly for this game. This can be resolved by manually setting the speed to an arbitrary value. In DOSBox.conf, find the cycles setting and change it to 20000, also change the cycleup and cycledown settings to 1000 each.

Thanks, it works much better now.

The current time is 05:40 AM (GMT)