Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Bioforge (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=14578)

Romano 21-06-2007 08:19 PM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

Lonewolf1044 21-06-2007 10:56 PM

:) Ahh yes, I remember this game. Back in the day it was the talk of the day. I have the cd and it got put on the back burner, being at that time there were other excellcent games.

Ugly Guest 22-06-2007 01:37 AM

Ah yes, I had an original copy of this a long time ago; an awesome game, and way ahead of its time, being a fighting/adventure game combo. The graphics were also impressive for the time.

HOWEVER.... it's short, and the ending is atrocious, an obivious lead-in to a sequel which, to add to the insult, was never made... So you don't even get to finish the story. Grrrrr.

RayCeeYa 22-06-2007 01:41 AM

I can't get it to run. I'm mounting the game directory as drive C and running bioforge.bat but it won't load the program. I keep getting an unable to detect CD-ROM or game CD error.

infestedterren 22-06-2007 08:26 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RayCeeYa @ Jun 22 2007, 02:41 AM) [snapback]295649[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

I can't get it to run. I'm mounting the game directory as drive C and running bioforge.bat but it won't load the program. I keep getting an unable to detect CD-ROM or game CD error.
[/b]
I had this same problem. I found the solution for me was to open the folder called X in this folder there is another folder called bio. In there I found an installer which I run. The installed copy works fine for me.

Hope this helps

red_avatar 22-06-2007 04:44 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ugly Guest @ Jun 22 2007, 01:37 AM) [snapback]295647[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Ah yes, I had an original copy of this a long time ago; an awesome game, and way ahead of its time, being a fighting/adventure game combo. The graphics were also impressive for the time.

HOWEVER.... it's short, and the ending is atrocious, an obivious lead-in to a sequel which, to add to the insult, was never made... So you don't even get to finish the story. Grrrrr.
[/b]
Thank EA for that - they bought Origin and then their games went down like a brick. Ultima IX Ascension was a flop because EA had pushed it to be released too soon (while it was really a brilliant game without the bugs, I spent a week completing it a few months ago) and the only other game bearing the Origin name of worth was Ultima Online which was the last game before "Lord British" left.

Then EA gave Origin just the right to update and maintain Ultima Online or future Online games which kept getting canned. And 3 years ago, EA killed Origin for good. F**k EA to be honest - Origin made/published tons of good games before Electronic "the Borg" Arts took over:

Wing Commander series
Ultima series
Crusader series
Bioforge
Privateer series
Wings of Glory
System Shock
Strike Commander
Shadowcaster
Cybermage (underrated if you ask me)

Guest 23-06-2007 01:16 AM

Quote:

(RayCeeYa @ Jun 22 2007, 02:41 AM) *

I can't get it to run. I'm mounting the game directory as drive C and running bioforge.bat but it won't load the program. I keep getting an unable to detect CD-ROM or game CD error.[/b]

I also get an error. he cannot find the emessage.txt
It is caused by a dl failure?
Because i tried this:
Quote:

I had this same problem. I found the solution for me was to open the folder called X in this folder there is another folder called bio. In there I found an installer which I run. The installed copy works fine for me.

Hope this helps[/b]
but the installation ends with an error
Something about an failure with Gsamples.flx

Should I try to dl it again, because the file is corrupt?
Or missed I a setting? Note: i want first to try it with Dosbox befor i use 98

faeornran 23-06-2007 04:24 AM

Geez, it took the game long enough to lose it's protection :P

Do you guys need an ISO for Bioforge?

Mr. K 23-06-2007 04:53 AM

Hey, how do I stand up in the beginning of the game while I'm lying on the bed?? I've tried just about all my keys but i can't figure it out. kthnxbai

rsdworker 23-06-2007 06:21 PM

i having same problems - the dos tells me the emessage.txt - what wrong?
please could help me? :sos:

The current time is 06:37 PM (GMT)