Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Troubleshooting (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Discworld Sound (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=11897)

dave 16-09-2006 08:46 AM

help! when i play this game i cant get any sound? spekaers are on and working! please help

Morrin 16-09-2006 09:45 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dave @ Sep 16 2006, 08:46 AM) [snapback]255311[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

help! when i play this game i cant get any sound? spekaers are on and working! please help
[/b]
Are you using the real dos or dosbox? I know this sounds stupid, but have you executed setup?

Guest 17-09-2006 02:40 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gekko @ Sep 16 2006, 09:45 AM) [snapback]255326[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dave @ Sep 16 2006, 08:46 AM) [snapback]255311[/snapback]
Quote:

[/b]
Are you using the real dos or dosbox? I know this sounds stupid, but have you executed setup?
[/b][/quote]
i have tried both.

Morrin 18-09-2006 05:20 AM

Im not quite sure if I had problems with discworld sounds, cannot remember. Have you experimented with the setup.exe and sound settings?

#BlakhOle# 18-09-2006 09:43 AM

Try using VDMsound, that might help. By the way, there is no sound until you actually get Rincewind out of bed, just in case you assumed there was sound in the start during the little intro movie thingies. Hope this helps

Morrin 18-09-2006 01:16 PM

I think in cd version (or something) there was also speech in the game. I'll check it out today and see if it works with me.

EDIT: Damn. I have the same problem. No sound effects. Could this be the worst case, that this is ripped version? I tried tons of different settings but no result. This shouldn't be this difficult.

EDIT2: Yes, so it seems. Im downloading a larger 100 meg version currently and see if the sound works then.

EDIT3: Yes, the abandonia version is unfortunately ripped version. The dialogue/voiceacting is fantastic by the way! I didn't remember it was this good. Im definetly playing this game again.

Guest 19-09-2006 08:18 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Morrin @ Sep 18 2006, 01:16 PM) [snapback]255788[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

I think in cd version (or something) there was also speech in the game. I'll check it out today and see if it works with me.

EDIT: Damn. I have the same problem. No sound effects. Could this be the worst case, that this is ripped version? I tried tons of different settings but no result. This shouldn't be this difficult.

EDIT2: Yes, so it seems. Im downloading a larger 100 meg version currently and see if the sound works then.

EDIT3: Yes, the abandonia version is unfortunately ripped version. The dialogue/voiceacting is fantastic by the way! I didn't remember it was this good. Im definetly playing this game again.
[/b]
in reply to number three, where did you download it from??

Morrin 20-09-2006 05:12 AM

Hmm.. Im nOt quite sure if iT's allowed to say it here? yoU should register, so I could PM you.

JJXB 20-09-2006 11:54 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(#BlakhOle# @ Sep 18 2006, 09:43 AM) [snapback]255748[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Try using VDMsound, that might help. By the way, there is no sound until you actually get Rincewind out of bed, just in case you assumed there was sound in the start during the little intro movie thingies. Hope this helps
[/b]
yes there is sounds on the logos before the games start (gets very annoying when you just want to leap in and play)

and VDMSound works fine for me with it. discworld 2 is the most problematic discworld game to run on XP

Guest 20-09-2006 07:02 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JJXB @ Sep 20 2006, 11:54 AM) [snapback]256257[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(#BlakhOle# @ Sep 18 2006, 09:43 AM) [snapback]255748[/snapback]
Quote:

[/b]
yes there is sounds on the logos before the games start (gets very annoying when you just want to leap in and play)

and VDMSound works fine for me with it. discworld 2 is the most problematic discworld game to run on XP
[/b][/quote]
Morrin i am going to register now!!

i have downloaded vdm sound how do i get it to work eg load that and the game?

The current time is 12:17 AM (GMT)