Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Old Suggestions (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   I have a suggestion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=16)

The Niles 03-02-2004 07:27 PM

I have a suggestion

A rating from one to five for a games means that games that are not alike quality wise will get the same marks. I would suggest using a one to ten mark system. That way there is a more easily recognizable system for good versus bad games and leaves room in the middle for more mediocre games.

Danny252 04-02-2004 03:23 PM

yes, 3, 4 and 5 just imply good, 1 and 2 imply all bad(well to me..)

mika 04-02-2004 05:12 PM

I dunno, I kinda like it. Even just 3 numbers (1 = bad, 2 = medium, 3 = good) would be enough for me. I mean the ratings are pretty much "matter-of-opinion" anyway - depending on how many people like the genre and such... :?

Kosta 04-02-2004 08:23 PM

Yeah, that's why I didn't want to introduce the 10 marks system. Its just too wide for me. What would decide between a 6 and a 7? I just can't place that much detail into marking. Also, all the games are pretty much rated 4 or 5 because I have only put quality games on the site so far. When I'm out of good games, and start adding bad ones, hopefully you'll start seeing ones and twos, and thus decide more easily which games are good, and which are not :)

BrokenAngel 05-02-2004 02:56 PM

1 to 5 seems fine!!

Prox 28-02-2004 07:48 PM

1 to 5 marks are fine, but I want to talk 'bout something else: there's not enough games, I already downloaded and finished most of the games you can find on Abandonia... And what 'bout Caesar and Star trek: The 25th anniversarry, I'm sure many would like to see them on Abandonia... :o

Danny252 29-02-2004 07:24 AM

Hmm I might have Star Trek 25th anniversary somewhere.. My Mum is a star Trek fan :) and If I'm correct it never worked as it said my PC wasn't good enough(Custon-built several hard drive 3 cd-drive 1 floppy PIV Processor ect. ect. and it said my specs were low!)

The Niles 06-03-2004 08:41 PM

Quote:

Hmm I might have Star Trek 25th anniversary somewhere.. My Mum is a star Trek fan :) and If I'm correct it never worked as it said my PC wasn't good enough(Custon-built several hard drive 3 cd-drive 1 floppy PIV Processor ect. ect. and it said my specs were low!)
That might be job for DOSBox then. I can run it both in and outside of DOSBox without problem.

Omuletzu 08-03-2004 11:31 AM

Site suggestion

I think it would be a good ideea that every game had it's own forum room to disscus it.In the review screen of the respective game, a small link(Disscus this game in the forum) would lead you to the forum.
If there is no topic named after the game, a new one would be made, named after the game, else if there is another forum room in wich the game is being disscused the link will lead you to that room.In this new room, all aspects(troubleshooting, walkthrough, hints, etc.) would be disscused.
Pretty simple and efficient, no?

mika 10-03-2004 08:09 PM

I agree. I've been kinda doing this manually for all of my reviews (all 2 of them), but it would be great if it was kind of build in.

The current time is 01:55 PM (GMT)