Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Troubleshooting (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Goodguy's Dosbox Troubles (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=10591)

Goodguy3 09-06-2006 06:41 PM

thereason i got DOSBOX on my win98 com was so that i could capture sceenshots and record videos,but it saves all my videos as windows media player,which apparently can only play music...andm whei try to install that movie codec thing for "windows 9x", it asks for a disc(???!?!?!) :sos: :sos: :sos: :wallbash:

Goodguy3 09-06-2006 08:36 PM

HELOOOOOO???????? :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :titan:

Data 09-06-2006 08:38 PM

point when it asks for a disk it to the directory of dosbox. (or that subdirectory of the codec)
it should install fine then.

Oh and please waiting 2 hours and then bumping is really irritating.

Eagle of Fire 10-06-2006 01:19 AM

Yes, very. And it's even covered in the rules:
Quote:

Rule 2: No double posts. If you have to add something, use the edit button found at the top right corner of your post. Exception for this: you are the topic starter and you want to bump your thread after a minimum of 1 day has passed without a reply. I am less strict on this for newbies, but I have no doubt that if you don't get warned by me it will be by others.[/b]

Guest_Goodguy3_* 11-06-2006 01:43 AM

Sorry about that, i really need to start reading the rules of forums i join ^^;

ok, it brings up the "zomgs terh is no disk 1 1 1" thing, i click ok and a window titled "copying files..." pops up. i click browse (creating another window), program files (apparently where my dosbox file is), dosbox, ZMBV. when i open the ZMBV folder, the term "ZMBV.DLL" appears in a box under the file name box, which also contains "ZMBV.DLL". i click ok, after highlighitng "ZMBV.DLL in the bigger box, and thaty windo dissappears. now it looks like i have everything in order, in the copy files from box it states the pathbname of the folder i have just selected. ok...i click ok and...
:wallbash:
the installation bar appears, fills up in a split second, and dissappears. no confirmation. how can i tell if it was installed? it doesnt appear in the DOSBOX folder..

Data 11-06-2006 09:17 AM

if it finishes then it is installed.

Goodguy3 11-06-2006 12:42 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Data @ Jun 11 2006, 05:17 AM) [snapback]235833[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

if it finishes then it is installed.
[/b]
well,you see, it still saves the files as windows media player files...

_r.u.s.s. 11-06-2006 12:47 PM

have you tried using another video players and freeware codecs?

(BSplayer, WMplayer classic, quicktime, real player,..)

Data 11-06-2006 03:56 PM

uhm movies are intended to be saved as windows media player files or whatevery application you have bound the AVI extension to.

Goodguy3 11-06-2006 05:30 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Data @ Jun 11 2006, 11:56 AM) [snapback]235909[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

uhm movies are intended to be saved as windows media player files or whatevery application you have bound the AVI extension to.
[/b]
i see, so how might i play these movies with the codec? when i open the file it says down at the bottom
"sending requiest for codec........error downloading codec"
andf then it playsit like an audio file...

The current time is 07:59 PM (GMT)