Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Gaming Zone (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Gamefaqs Best. Character. Ever Contest (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=5723)

BlackMageJawa 21-06-2005 10:39 PM

It's the Summer Contest once again over on my usual haunt, www.gamefaqs.com

The idea is that we nominate a bunch of characters, the ones with the most nominations go into a tournament, and then Cloud or Link wins. Because the site is dominated by stupid fanboys who think FFVII is the best game ever.

Of course, not everyone over there is happy with this. I am one of the people who stays on the contest's message board (Board 8, as we call it), even in the offseason, and we're fed up with it.

So, to that end, I beseech you, Abandonians, to help to at least get some quality characters into the contest. They WILL lose, but we can at least hope for a few interesting matches among the supposedly 'lesser' characters as the generic basasses steam through the ranks.

In particular, many of us on Board 8 are trying to get Manuel Calavera in. Every nomination for him will earn my undying gratitude. However, everyone gets 10 nomination slots, so any other classic characters (Guybrush, SHODAN, Purple Tentacle, The Nameless One, Atrus...) would hopefully keep the latest GTA 'hero' in the gutter where he belongs.

Havell 21-06-2005 10:56 PM

Can we have a link to the thread/poll? I want to vote for Calavera and I have GameFAQs account already :D

EDIT: OK, I found it, should I vote for Manny or Manuel? Or won't it make any difference whatsoever?

EDIT2: Man, I've been looking around the forums and now I remember why I left. So many short sighted, right-wing, christian funndamentalist f*cktards it makes the last Ku Klux Klan meet-up look like a sunday picnic (OK, so I'm exaggerating, but you get the idea). In one thread half the people think the answer to teenage prenancies is to ban the sale of comdoms to those below the age on consent (beucase, appartenly, all they do is encourage kids to have sex) and to make children scared stiff of sex so they would only attempt it ever when married for procreational purposes only :angry:

The Fifth Horseman 22-06-2005 08:51 AM

Duke Nukem. :D
His sense of humour is just sooo funny...

moogle 25-06-2005 10:34 PM

A Moogle (sorrry but FF is awesome), Edward Carnaby (YOU HAVE TO HAVE HIM!!!!!) and the guy from the first Lands Of Lore.

Onimaru 27-06-2005 05:13 PM

:ph34r: How about Rikimaru(tenchu) or Laguna(ff8) but i think i'll just vote for Manuel Calavera since every vote counts :ok:

PrejudiceSucks 30-06-2005 03:29 PM

*coughs*

definately Manny, he is a god... of the dead... but not like Isis or any of that *sighs*....

Rogue 30-06-2005 05:08 PM

Captain Nick "Havoc" Parker - C&C Renegade

Great humor....

Lonely Vazdru 02-07-2005 07:38 AM

I agree on Duke Nukem (except for the part where he shits in a dead ennemy's neck, that is rude. Guess u gotta b american to like it?), and i would add that mutated chick from Starcraft.

Sameeralord 02-07-2005 10:02 AM

:ot: IS YOUR AVATER THE ILLUMINATI CRYSTAL?

ON TOPIC: LIU KANG

The current time is 05:03 AM (GMT)