Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Gaming Zone (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   So who got lucky during the Steam Holiday sale? (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=28230)

TheChosen 26-12-2011 10:05 PM

So who got lucky during the Steam Holiday sale?

Steam's holiday sale has pretty much been a blast.

Well, price-wise actually. Game sales have been great, but the contest....eh, kind of meh. I mean, last summer was a great way to win free DLC and to participate in a free game giveaway. This year....well, coal and coupons. Sometimes a free game If you get lucky. I mean really lucky. Then you'd have to get lucky that you dont have that game already.

Still, they were giving only hats last year, so I guess its better than that.

But any case, what games and/or coupons did you get when beating the achievements? I've so far only gotten coupons; two Valve coupons, one Bitcomposer coupon, Shadowgrounds Survivor coupon, Nimbus coupon and Gemini Rue coupon. I did actually get two worthwhile coupons: 50 off from LA Noire and 50% off from complete Sam & Max pack.

I really hope these coupons turn out to be more useful than they look like.

DarthHelmet86 27-12-2011 02:29 AM

I got 25% off Valve and 50% off Portal...oh and the Orange Box for free. Which I traded to a friend and he got me Gary's Mod. So I did pretty well.

GTX2GvO 27-12-2011 01:01 PM

6 coal and a 33% off Valve (I have all of 'em already)

And not much capacity to try for other achievements.

Although. The games bought @75% off... :)

Capo 27-12-2011 04:56 PM

Coal, Coal everywhere.

Lulu_Jane 27-12-2011 09:33 PM

I'll Trade you something if that Gemini Rue thing is tradable :)

GTX2GvO 28-12-2011 01:04 PM

when I got my 7th coal yesterday I decided to craft it.

Got me a 50% off for Dungeon Defenders coupon.
Which is 50% off right now and was 75% off a few days ago.
(So if I wanted it, I would've bought it with a better discount)

So. Who wants my 50% off DD and 33% off valve coupons? (fair price/trade please)
I don't care if you want them to trade them yourself. :)
(I just don't want to keep 'em)

Smiling Spectre 29-12-2011 09:04 AM

Oh. So coal translates to the same coupons too? How lame. :(

Well, all this contest seems pretty lame for me. I can get coupons that gives me discounts for games that have the same (or greater) discounts already. Or coal that can be traded for the same coupons. Oh, how great.

Just now I have 3 Valve coupons (10%, 25%, 50%), one Worms Golf for 50% and 8 coals. Amazing, definitely!

TotalAnarchy 29-12-2011 09:18 AM

The result of crafting the coal into one gift is random, it may well become a full free game, but there are higher chances for it to become just a coupon. Not to mention that each coal is a chance to win the big prize, if you waste 7 coals on a coupon you will lose 7 chances to win the big prize.

DarthHelmet86 29-12-2011 10:57 AM

The coupons start after the sale ends, for people who can't buy any more games at the moment or who would just like to have some nice deals off games for later on in the year.

TheChosen 29-12-2011 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy (Post 437923)
The result of crafting the coal into one gift is random, it may well become a full free game, but there are higher chances for it to become just a coupon. Not to mention that each coal is a chance to win the big prize, if you waste 7 coals on a coupon you will lose 7 chances to win the big prize.

I've heard changes are 1 out of 7 to get a game when crafting coals. And I think its a lot better than changes of 1 out of 5 million to win any of the grand prizes.

The current time is 02:01 PM (GMT)