Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Invalid Requests (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Dungeons of Daggorath [NON-PC] (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=7682)

HworangRules 20-10-2005 03:14 AM

Dungeons of Daggorath [NON-PC]

Hi. Im new here. 1st post.

Was intrigued by abandonia and couldnt seem to find this game i used to play over 15 years ago.

It was on my Tandy 5000 and the cartrige slipped into the side of it.

Anyway, i believe it was just black and white.

It was text based action/rpg/fps thing.

I remember picking things up by text and same with fighting.

For example, i had a sword in my right hand and i ran into this blob thing and to attack it you had to type "attack right".

It kinda reminded me of Wolfenstein cause it was all fps style.

If anyone can help me out by even a name, that would rock!

Thanx!!!

-Sin

Nikson 20-10-2005 05:13 AM

We need some more info, there's lots of old games like that.

What was the storyline?
Where in the game world did the player start a new game?
Was there any graphics at all?

HworangRules 20-10-2005 11:21 AM

no idea about storyline.

i believe you started out in this labrynth..

and no real graphics. it was just black and white. like, the blob monster, was just an outline with a badly drawn circle for an eye.

oh and the blob made this noise when you would get near him. like as you got closer to where he was hangin out, the noise got louder.

i also remember running into this big knight who used to kill me in like 2 hits..

does that help at all?

-Sin

PS. Now that i think about it...i dont think it was a Tandy 5000, but it DEF. was a Tandy.

A. J. Raffles 20-10-2005 01:13 PM

I don't think I've played this game, but the description sounds familiar. Could it have been Dungeons of Daggorath by any chance?

HworangRules 20-10-2005 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by A. J. Raffles@Oct 20 2005, 12:13 PM
I don't think I've played this game, but the description sounds familiar. Could it have been Dungeons of Daggorath by any chance?
YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!

THATS THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you SOOOOOOOO much for finally putting this to rest. Ive been searching and searching for years upon years for even just the name!!!!!!!

YOU RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Sin

A. J. Raffles 20-10-2005 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by HworangRules@Oct 20 2005, 04:03 PM
YOU RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Sin

Are you sure? I'm not Hworang, you know. :sneaky:

Glad to hear that was the game you were looking for, though. What does it play like? From the Underdogs review it sounded very interesting, but I never got round to actually trying it...

HworangRules 21-10-2005 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by A. J. Raffles+Oct 20 2005, 05:48 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (A. J. Raffles @ Oct 20 2005, 05:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-HworangRules@Oct 20 2005, 04:03 PM
YOU RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Sin

Are you sure? I'm not Hworang, you know. :sneaky:

Glad to hear that was the game you were looking for, though. What does it play like? From the Underdogs review it sounded very interesting, but I never got round to actually trying it... [/b][/quote]
its awesome. so ungodly shitty, it rules!! hahaha

go d/l it from that site you gave me. it works fine!

thanx again!!

-Sin

The current time is 08:02 PM (GMT)