Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   A (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Archimedean Dynasty (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=22556)

Professor Oak 16-11-2009 01:27 PM

Archimedean Dynasty

Info: MobyGames

Download(s):
  • 4shared [BIN/CUE] [750 MB] +CDA tracks
  • 4shared [BIN/CUE] [568 MB] +CDA tracks

Uploaded by otiscrusher
Uploaded by _r.u.s.s

Legendary stuff, a must have in any collection, extremely rare.

Cypher Dasarian III 22-03-2010 05:04 AM

PASSWORD

WOW so frustrating, through those links you can go to a rapid share where i spent ALL day downloading this game. There's a password on the damn archive and i can't seem to find where it is posted, this is so frustrating i hope someone knows what it is!

PASSWORD

zirkoni 22-03-2010 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cypher Dasarian III (Post 400626)
PASSWORD

Try ampee

GordonOverkill 23-03-2010 03:51 AM

I downloaded all the files and tried to unpack them, but the volumes of the folders all had the same name, so the old files were just overwritten. Anybody knows what I could do?

Thanks,
Gordon

_r.u.s.s. 23-03-2010 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonOverkill (Post 400743)
I downloaded all the files and tried to unpack them, but the volumes of the folders all had the same name, so the old files were just overwritten. Anybody knows what I could do?

Thanks,
Gordon

yes, they're all supposed to "extract to same file". this is a split archived file. you just open one the first part and select extract all

in the end you'll have files
AD.cue (second part of image file)
AD.bin.ecm (packed image data)
unecm.exe (utility for unpacking the packed image data)

now the image file is compressed with ecm. it needs to be unpacked from ad.bin.ecm by typing "unecm AD.bin.ecm", that's all

also, there is no password, Cypher Dasarian III. i don't know what you're talking about...

zirkoni 23-03-2010 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s. (Post 400782)
also, there is no password, Cypher Dasarian III. i don't know what you're talking about...

He followed the link to ISO Art and downloaded from rapidshare, the password is "ampee".

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cypher Dasarian III (Post 400626)
PASSWORD

WOW so frustrating, through those links you can go to a rapid share where i spent ALL day downloading this game. There's a password on the damn archive and i can't seem to find where it is posted, this is so frustrating i hope someone knows what it is!

PASSWORD

deepthought 26-03-2010 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s. (Post 400782)

in the end you'll have files
AD.cue (second part of image file)
AD.bin.ecm (packed image data)
unecm.exe (utility for unpacking the packed image data)

now the image file is compressed with ecm. it needs to be unpacked from ad.bin.ecm by typing "unecm AD.bin.ecm", that's all

.. and now I have a 750MB ad.bin data. But what to do with it? Sorry for stupid questions, but I am very new on this site. :dunno:

The Fifth Horseman 26-03-2010 08:55 PM

You either burn a CD from the image (not burn the file on a CD as data, that's a different thing) or - preferably - mount it with a virtual drive so that your system reads the contents of the image as if they were on a CD drive.

Obviously, you need a special program for that.

Personally, I like Virtual Clone Drive for its' relative simplicity and ease of use.
Alcohol 52% supports more formats (like the somewhat popular MDF/MDS) but is slightly more complex.
Which of these two you pick is entirely up to you. :)

zirkoni 27-03-2010 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman (Post 400992)
You either burn a CD from the image (not burn the file on a CD as data, that's a different thing) or - preferably - mount it with a virtual drive so that your system reads the contents of the image as if they were on a CD drive.

Obviously, you need a special program for that.

:dunno:
It's a DOS game. I installed the game on DOSBox, use IMGMOUNT to mount the cd-image.

deepthought 27-03-2010 07:05 AM

Thank you- I installed virtual clonedrive and used this little gimmick "nolfb.com". So I can play AD with Windows XP in high resolution.:3:

The current time is 07:06 PM (GMT)