Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Old Suggestions (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   Return Of The Grammar Squad? (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=15345)

Fruit Pie Jones 29-08-2007 10:01 PM

Now that I can access Abandonia from work again (at least for now), I'd like to resume my Grammar Squad duties, but I don't think any of the other members regularly show up here any more. So what do you think I ought to do? Should I just grab some reviews and do what I can with them, or start a new Grammar Squad recruiting drive, or what?

Dave 29-08-2007 10:24 PM

Nice to meet you Fruit Pie Jones http://www.reloaded.org/forum/style_...fault/bye1.gif
When you weren't here I saw your profile and I said:
"Who the hell is this Moderator?? And which forum does he moderate?Did I miss something??"
And people told me about "The Grammar Squad"....describing it like a Nazi team :P

Well, welcome back then! :)
I would like to help you but people says my engrish isn't so good LOL.
(That's my best English I can write...so please be magnanimous with me :whistling: )

Sebatianos 29-08-2007 10:48 PM

Well, it seems Abandonia need quite a lot of new drive. There are enough updater for the time being and I think there are enough mods and admins as well (or the ones who are here are doing a good job, so no-one sees the lack of them).

We are in a need of reviewers, grammar squad and possibly translators. I guess the time spent for recruting will just let the pile of work grow, but it's up to you (not sure how many people can help you though, as most of active members I've seen lately aren't native speakers of English).

Icewolf 30-08-2007 07:17 AM

I'd sure like to have somebody to report typos and nasty grammar to.
I could translate but I'd prefer the "push"-way for me: "Please translate this within this week."
I takes me less than an hour to translate a review but alas I'm at work... :ph34r: I can't just go and say "I'll translate until something happens..." LOL

I think you should start something FPJ! I faintly remember you from the time when I was a n00bie... :D

chainsoar 30-08-2007 03:37 PM

I'm a grammar nazi, I'd love to help out with this!

Lulu_Jane 31-08-2007 08:33 AM

I wouldn't mind helping out with grammar :)

Fruit Pie Jones 31-08-2007 05:19 PM

The last time we had a recruiting drive, we picked out a review and let anyone who was interested take a swipe at it. The best two or three (can't remember which) were selected to join the Squad. This worked well last time, so unless anyone has any objections, I'll do it again.

I should probably get Admin approval for this before it officially kicks off, so if any of the Overlords are reading this thread, I'd love to hear your input!

Japo 31-08-2007 06:06 PM

Do you have access to correct reviews that are already on the site without fuss? Because some pecadillos slipped under both my eyes and the grammar squad's in one of my reviews. (**** happens when you decide to change a word on the go while phrasing the text and you fail to change all the agreeing words accordingly.) :tomato:

chainsoar 31-08-2007 09:33 PM

Honestly, I am very good at grammar and spelling. If someone sends me a review that needs correction, I'd be happy to prove my worth!

Sebatianos 31-08-2007 09:36 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Japofran @ Aug 31 2007, 08:06 PM) [snapback]308058[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Do you have access to correct reviews that are already on the site without fuss? Because some pecadillos slipped under both my eyes and the grammar squad's in one of my reviews. (**** happens when you decide to change a word on the go while phrasing the text and you fail to change all the agreeing words accordingly.) :tomato:
[/b]
I think that was the idea back in the day. Otherwise you can always contact any updater and I think there won't be any problems with correcting the reviews.

The current time is 02:31 AM (GMT)