Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Troubleshooting (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Princess Maker 2: Help Pleese (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=3065)

Guest 11-02-2005 04:12 AM

Im new to this, and I really like the idea.
Im just dont know how to actually start the game.
The game in question is Princess maker 2
I try the install comand and it doesnt even work.
I just wanted to know if im doing something wrong

Using: Windows XP, DosBox

Thanx

The Fifth Horseman 11-02-2005 09:01 AM

Jeez, another newb... hopefully not a n00b.

In many old games the "install" file is used only to configure the sound and graphics settings. It would be neccesary to run it when playing from DosBox to get proper sound settings.

The actual game executable is labeled pm2.exe . Does this solve the problem?

Misskosmic 11-10-2009 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guest (Post 61557)
Im new to this, and I really like the idea.
Im just dont know how to actually start the game.
The game in question is Princess maker 2
I try the install comand and it doesnt even work.
I just wanted to know if im doing something wrong

Using: Windows XP, DosBox

Thanx

extract the PM2 folder in your C drive, so that it's located at c:\PM2\

After you open DosBox, type "Mount C C:\PM2\" and hit enter.
Now type "C:\" and hit enter
Now type "PM2" and hit enter, and the game should start up! Hold down F3 to make animations play at warp speed during gameplay, like a fast-forward button.

~Misskosmic

steelsmiter 03-04-2010 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misskosmic (Post 385224)
extract the PM2 folder in your C drive, so that it's located at c:\PM2\

After you open DosBox, type "Mount C C:\PM2\" and hit enter.
Now type "C:\" and hit enter
Now type "PM2" and hit enter, and the game should start up! Hold down F3 to make animations play at warp speed during gameplay, like a fast-forward button.

~Misskosmic

You can go into the dosbox config file to run all that as an autoexec function on dosbox startup...

Luchsen 03-04-2010 04:03 PM

The ellipsis seems like Man, they are so stupid that they type the commands by themselves! There are people out there, who want to play other games as well, and people, who are not lazy. Lazy like a bone, to be more accurate - it's three commands, three! Some people even like to type commands - they like to have the real DOS experience. Most of them went insane somewhen in the 1990s, these weirdos! They are so backward that they can remember the last millennium... :laugh:

steelsmiter 05-04-2010 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luchsen (Post 401762)
The ellipsis seems like Man, they are so stupid that they type the commands by themselves! There are people out there, who want to play other games as well, and people, who are not lazy. Lazy like a bone, to be more accurate - it's three commands, three! Some people even like to type commands - they like to have the real DOS experience. Most of them went insane somewhen in the 1990s, these weirdos! They are so backward that they can remember the last millennium... :laugh:

Well... actually no it's not like I'm being lazy or I'm condescending to anyone for not thinking of it, it was more like oh hey if you have like one or two games you can keep several Dosbox Config files each with its own startup command, just copy and paste the file with the right autoexec and you're ready to go.

The Fifth Horseman 05-04-2010 09:52 AM

True that.
<==~130 games set up that way.

Eagle of Fire 05-04-2010 06:58 PM

I am one of those who likes to type in DOS. For old time sake.

I am however not fond of thread resurrection.

The current time is 02:39 AM (GMT)