Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Gaming Zone (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Ahh.. Good Old Times ^_^ (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=12233)

The Punisher 08-10-2006 02:59 PM

When i was 6 or 7 i played Command & Conquer alot that is one hell of a game... ^_^
the grapichs and the movies, just wow! :omg2: but now i lost the cd... :crybaby: Wish i had a time machine :)
Anyone else who loves C&C the series or just C&C? lets talk :cheers:

-The Punisher

Jontzzu 08-10-2006 03:05 PM

Allright! You got my attention. I have only C&C demo, but I also have Red Alert 1 full version and Red Alert 2 full version (only soviet cd though). I like these games a lot too. These games have great voice acting too

The Punisher 08-10-2006 03:09 PM

Yeah! ohh, i forgot to say that what i had was a demo! LOL it was from a demo cd.
i also have RA-1 not RA-2, but today i gona buy C&C First Decade!!!! :D :D :D

Jontzzu 08-10-2006 03:13 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Punisher @ Oct 8 2006, 05:09 PM) [snapback]260073[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Yeah! ohh, i forgot to say that what i had was a demo! LOL it was from a demo cd.
i also have RA-1 not RA-2, but today i gona buy C&C First Decade!!!! :D :D :D
[/b]
Does First Decade contain all C&C games?

The Punisher 08-10-2006 03:24 PM

YES!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D And expansion packs! And rare-expansion packs!! OHH, CANT WAIT! im ready for a fight! :boxing:

Jontzzu 08-10-2006 03:26 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Punisher @ Oct 8 2006, 05:24 PM) [snapback]260076[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

YES!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D And expansion packs! And rare-expansion packs!! OHH, CANT WAIT! im ready for a fight! :boxing:
[/b]
I envy you ^_^

The Punisher 08-10-2006 03:34 PM

you should buy it toooooo!! :D ohh, cant wait :brain: back to C&C i love those laser towers, i think it was second mission on C&C demo that the objective was to destroy the Nods base but it was protected by two laser towers, i always got toasted! LOL
btw do you know where i can download the demo? :)

Jontzzu 08-10-2006 03:58 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Punisher @ Oct 8 2006, 05:34 PM) [snapback]260078[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

you should buy it toooooo!! :D ohh, cant wait :brain: back to C&C i love those laser towers, i think it was second mission on C&C demo that the objective was to destroy the Nods base but it was protected by two laser towers, i always got toasted! LOL
btw do you know where i can download the demo? :)
[/b]
Here: http://dw.com.com/redir?pid=10229100&m...4-10229100.html

The Punisher 08-10-2006 04:05 PM

:kosta: :thanx: :kosta: what is your favorite C&C game?
again, :thanx:

Jontzzu 08-10-2006 04:21 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Punisher @ Oct 8 2006, 06:05 PM) [snapback]260088[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

:kosta: :thanx: :kosta: what is your favorite C&C game?
again, :thanx:
[/b]
I'm not sure. RA-2 is pretty good, but C&C and RA-1 are living legends and they bring back more memories :)

The Punisher 08-10-2006 04:22 PM

agree, have you tryed Generals Zero Hour, that is also cool. love the nukes :devil:

Jontzzu 08-10-2006 04:24 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Punisher @ Oct 8 2006, 06:22 PM) [snapback]260096[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

agree, have you tryed Generals Zero Hour, that is also cool. love the nukes :devil:
[/b]
No I haven't. Is it good?

The Punisher 08-10-2006 04:35 PM

Yes, its awsome! good 3D grapcihs many units and buildings cool effects!
but now i gonna play some C&C see ya later!

Jontzzu 08-10-2006 04:38 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Punisher @ Oct 8 2006, 06:35 PM) [snapback]260099[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Yes, its awsome! good 3D grapcihs many units and buildings cool effects!
but now i gonna play some C&C see ya later!
[/b]
Sounds great :ok:

Treewyrm 08-10-2006 05:00 PM

Nah, I don't like generals even a bit, it's not a C&C anyway. There are no FMV and what C&C FMV is without Kane? That's right, there can be no C&C without him and that bastard is back in C&C3, let's just hope EA will not screw this game like they're used to do most of the time. Although I must say I have little hope ever seeing C&C "As It Should Be!" in it's glory once again. Nevertheless it's only hope we have right now.

Ok, I'm off...

/marching with the rest of the Brotherhood of NOD shouting "Peace through power!"...

chainsoar 12-10-2006 09:34 PM

I download Tiberian Sun the other day and I also have minira to which I added the main.mix file, thus bringing me music and some of the fmvs that make C&C so wonderful. I'm totally gonna buy the First Decade pack.

catchaserguns 12-10-2006 09:51 PM

If you guys are looking for the whole C & C collection they have Command & Conquer The First Decade on Amazon. It has the first 10 games of the series on DVD-ROM.

Blood-Pigggy 13-10-2006 12:12 AM

It doesn't have Sole Survivor, but that's a good thing.

chainsoar 14-10-2006 02:06 AM

Muahahahaa! I'm getting TFD for chrimbo!

gufu1992 15-10-2006 03:18 AM

Warning: most games ater TS are bugged in TFTD - get patch as fast as you can - this will make soviet FMV to work in RA1
Also:Not all game still have multiplayer - even though they are recent(Generals doesn't...)
You should excualy buy The Commander & Conquier collection - it's much better(Doesn't contain RA or C&C)

My favorite C&C is TS

Blood-Pigggy 15-10-2006 05:15 AM

Tiberium Sun blew chunks, Red Alert was god.

When you played that game for the first time in 1996, it was insane, you were used to little square based movements, boring 2D graphics, and the most special effects a game had was a 2D sprite moving around.
Red Alert looked and felt like a real war going on in the screen, especially when the fights got big. And oh boy, the memories, I'll look back on Red Alert missions far more fondly than the average TS fare, god, the fourth Soviet mission, four hours of sending a huge swarm of Yaks over to the middle island to destroy five hundred tanks massed up in one tiny spot.

The Punisher 15-10-2006 09:14 AM

ahh, yes... Red alert ^_^ I love that game, its so easy to mod!

Blood-Pigggy 15-10-2006 06:13 PM

Oh yeah, via the text folders, ever make it so that Tanya shoots nuclear missles? That's nuts, lol.

chainsoar 16-10-2006 12:54 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gufu1992 @ Oct 15 2006, 03:18 AM) [snapback]261325[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

You should excualy buy The Commander & Conquier collection - it's much better(Doesn't contain RA or C&C)
[/b]
How does that make it better? C&C '95 and Red Alert were amazing fun. Especially the first one, after all, it's the one that started the whole thing.

Blood-Pigggy 16-10-2006 01:49 AM

Actually, no it wasn't, Dune 2 was what started it all, C&C Tiberium Dawn was good fun, but it wasn't until Red Alert that the series was considered one of the greatest.

The Punisher 16-10-2006 08:27 PM

Quote:

ever make it so that Tanya shoots nuclear missles? [/b]
no, but i modified the tesla thing so that it could destroy the base on the other side of the map :D

Doubler 16-10-2006 08:50 PM

To be honest, RA was, in my eyes, little more then an ever-so-slightly upgraded C&C with a boring setting.
I wasn't 'wowed' when I first saw it, in fact I was kind of disappointed. Ships, planes and subs were cool, though. :)

Let me stress, that is my view. I've always enjoyed the Tiberium storyline, I've always disliked and been annoyed by the stereotypical soviets vs. west story (I realize it's propably purposely so, at least I hope it is. Just doesn't change the fact that they abandoned a very, very cool story). Also, RA2 just pushed it too far for my tastes. I can imagine others feel differently.

Tulac 16-10-2006 08:58 PM

IMO RA was the best one of the series, and I've played the Tiberium Dawn, one thing that made RA far superior is skirmish I don't recall the first one having that or the map editor for that sake.

Blood-Pigggy 16-10-2006 09:48 PM

I couldn't care less about the storyline in a C&C game.

gufu1992 16-10-2006 10:34 PM

Um - the command and conquier collection was not overbuged to death!
Ts is best - good story, good units, good music, and good gameplay

Blood-Pigggy 16-10-2006 10:35 PM

TS had a horrible story, the missions were flat and boring, and the sides were totally unbalanced (one patch Nod had the upper hand, then the next patch the GDI did).

Treewyrm 17-10-2006 01:49 AM

Nah. Fine story for such game, what else did you expect? Dramatic reading? Epic fantasy-like battles? It's a game, and for a game of that genre and that style it does very well, I still enjoy those FMVs. And while Kane personality is often overrated you have to admit: he is the mean charismatic badass. Of course, like any other game story C&C does have it's own gaps and problems. Can't really comment gameplay note though, for all the time I have played C&C sometimes I felt the game was totally unbalanced, yet some other times I thought otherwise, so I'm left with mixed feelings about it. My conclusion is that there are gaps but they can be fixed, so it seems that not everything is lost for C&C as of this moment. If EA screws C&C3 they can burn in hell with all their games (they already should, but let's just give em hopeless chance for C&C3).

Maramil 17-10-2006 06:48 AM

I love C&C. I think Generals isn't that bad but Red Alert is my favourite .

gufu1992 18-10-2006 03:23 AM

I like for two things:
1)Soviet union
2)Command & Conquier

and maybe....

Secret and mission!

See Video:
ants.... coming

nolapj91 20-10-2006 02:48 PM

I disagree, but thats obvious. Kane doesnt make the games, he is a stupid character. Now yeah, i do play on nods side most of the time, but thats because of the units they have, not the movies inbetween. If anyone hasn't played generals / zero hour and they like the older C&C games then you are going to love these games. Unless of course you have a crush on Kane and can't play without seeing his pretty face....(hahaha)
Everything from having three sidesw to chose from, the massive amount of upgrades in zero hour for almost every unit and building, this game is a major imporvement on the classic C&C games. and yeah, Kane isnt in it, but what it does have are crazy arab guys rather than some crazy neo-nazi looking people.....good game-buy it

The Punisher 20-10-2006 07:25 PM

agreeeee... kane is a bitch LOL and i love the AKLAHAHAHAHA!!! sounds from GLA postal services! :D

gufu1992 20-10-2006 11:14 PM

I hate gen-fans....
the game was too plain - and really unbalanced!

Treewyrm 21-10-2006 12:24 AM

Aw to hell with gens, should have been without C&C mark, it's completely out of series.

Blood-Pigggy 21-10-2006 12:49 AM

Generals was actually a lot better than Tiberium Sun, and the sides actually made a difference, which was really cool.

gufu1992 21-10-2006 03:59 AM

...I hate you... for hating TS..... is this a hate crime???
I began playing RTS's with TS... besides - it's easy to MOD
Generals story sucked... missions sometimes we're fun... but story was HORRIBLE

The Punisher 21-10-2006 09:06 AM

w00t? I think the story is nice, cant we all be friends? :cheers: I love all C&C games ^_^ Dont say that i am the only one that does :huh:

Tulac 21-10-2006 11:07 AM

I hate Generals, well that's just cause I hate the 3D perspective in RTS games (Codename: Panzer being the only exception) it just looks stupid, ugly and childish like you're playing in a sandbox with your pals and not real war.

The Punisher 21-10-2006 12:11 PM

ohh? i like 3D & 2D :)

gufu1992 21-10-2006 06:53 PM

I had better time playing ground control...
which is free to be downloaded from it's publisher - yet you CAN buy it in russia!

Blood-Pigggy 21-10-2006 07:47 PM

Why does anyone care about the story in C&C, no C&C fan ever says "I LIKE RED ALERT B-CUZ THE STORY WAS BETTAH!".

Tiberium Sun was a terrible rehash of old concepts, poor new features, and disgustingly stupid AI.

Doubler 21-10-2006 07:57 PM

Because playing a series of completely unrelated battles is boring, and the west vs. communists/terrorists/anyone not drinking Coke story annoying :)

gufu1992 22-10-2006 05:20 AM

RA 2? Story?
ROFLOLMAO!
There is NO! story!
That game sucked soooooooo much!
It's wayy too cheesy!
Well... IT's ONLY good for creating MOD's since it has possibility's of making it a good game... otherwise - It's annyoingly cheesy...
Genberals are way too average - live with that Blood - Piggy
Besides-do you have the game? You never played it I bet...
Well... please remember it's easy to MOD - hence you can UPGRADE AI!
OMG! LOL! WTF! BP!

beside - what RTS is better?

The Punisher 22-10-2006 01:14 PM

Offtopic : have anyone heard about the new game : Spore?
Ontopic : i wonder if the newest C&C is worth buying...

Doubler 22-10-2006 03:35 PM

Offtopic: Who hasn't? :P
Ontopic: I hope so too.

gufu1992 22-10-2006 05:11 PM

Hm.... although it seems what battle are unrelated - you can see how they create the storyline.

Blood-Pigggy 22-10-2006 08:43 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gufu1992 @ Oct 22 2006, 12:20 AM) [snapback]262851[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

RA 2? Story?
ROFLOLMAO!
There is NO! story!
That game sucked soooooooo much!
It's wayy too cheesy!
Well... IT's ONLY good for creating MOD's since it has possibility's of making it a good game... otherwise - It's annyoingly cheesy...
Genberals are way too average - live with that Blood - Piggy
Besides-do you have the game? You never played it I bet...
Well... please remember it's easy to MOD - hence you can UPGRADE AI!
OMG! LOL! WTF! BP!

beside - what RTS is better?
[/b]
Um, I own every single C&C game, even Sole Survivor. I can never forgive Westwood for Tiberium Sun. I payed $60 for the collector's edition, and playing the game for an hour, I instantly went back to Red Alert. I couldn't stand it, it doesn't feel right, it doesn't look right, it's gaudy, the units were unbalanced, the story was stupid, the cinematics were even worse than the previous ones, and worst of all, the multiplayer was laggy, unstructured, and unbalanced.

I bought RA2 a few months after it came out, when the price slipped to around $30, expecting the same dissapointing hash that was TS, I was pleasantly surprised, the sides were balanced, the FMVs actually had some point to them, the missions were varied and interesting, the units actually made a difference in battle, and the multiplayer was playable from the beggining.

As for mods, have you ever bought a game, only to have it sucks and hear someone say "Oh, you need to get the mods." MODS ARE NOT THE GAME, THEY ARE NOT SUPPORTED BY THE MAKERS, THEY ARE NOT OFFICIAL, AND THEREFORE, I DON'T WANT TO HEAR THAT I NEED MODS TO PLAY A GAME RIGHT.
And Generals was a step in the right direction. They took away the stupid old interface, and added one that was very easy to use, Zero Hour only made it better.

The only people that think Tiberium Sun was good, are those that didn't buy it on launch day, only to have a watered down piece of crap, it was even more dissapointing than Dune 2000, only RA2 and Emperor: The Battle for Dune healed the hurt that Westwood did by spitting on my $50 and $10 bills.

Oh, and which RTS is better? Starcraft, Warcraft, Sacrifice, Company of Heroes, Battle for Middle Earth, Age of Empires, etc. etc.

gufu1992 22-10-2006 09:36 PM

starcraft, warcraft=are kinda on the same level as TS

COH,BoME=Are next gen games - please see the 8 years gap

AoE-way too many resources
AoE<TS

Can we stop this anyway?
You like gens - you hate TS
I like TS - I hate gens

simple

The Punisher 23-10-2006 03:21 PM

I like both ^_^ (TS & Generals)

zori 27-10-2006 10:04 PM

cant remember how old i was when C&C series started to conquer the world but spent some hours playing although i didnt even own computer that time :P

Cloudy 31-10-2006 02:55 PM

I used to play C&C and Red Alert all the time.

Tiberian Sun was a pretty cool game, it kinda felt like it lacked something from the originals though. I liked it though, it had a kinda cool feel to it.

Red Alert 2 was kinda awful though. I haven't bought another C&C game since that one. Not only was it boring, with a dumb cheesy story, and ridiculous psychic units, but it was too easy, I finished both campaigns within a few days.

After playing Starcraft, I haven't ever wanted to go back to playing C&C games. Starcraft is so much better, a true classic.

The Punisher 31-10-2006 05:49 PM

What?! Hell no! Go and buy C&C Generals!! Or I will buy one for you!

Doubler 31-10-2006 06:12 PM

Errr... Are you sure that's good advice?

Generals is almost more easy then RA2 was (Based on RA2 on normal and Generals on hard). It has a cheesy story like no other (if it has a story at all. The missions and sides are logically succesive, but that's about it). Not to mention that not a slight bit of the coolness remains in it's generic propaganda glory.

Well, it doesn't have the psychic units and it offers a bit more variety then RA2 did, but I seriously doubt someone who disliked RA2 for the reasons Cloudy mentioned will like Generals. :unsure:

Morrin 01-11-2006 11:12 AM

I was wondering, does the c&c generations box have the high res version of the first c&c (gold or win95 edition or something like that)?

Cloudy 02-11-2006 10:18 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Morrin @ Nov 1 2006, 11:12 AM) [snapback]264780[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

I was wondering, does the c&c generations box have the high res version of the first c&c (gold or win95 edition or something like that)?
[/b]
I'd be very surprised if it didn't, but I don't know for sure. Does the DOS version even run in windows these days?

gufu1992 08-11-2006 03:02 AM

It seems to...
Gens music was boring...
The U.S. music was like:
Tam... Tam.. tatatam... Tam... Tatatam and so on...
I sometimes turn off music and play extracted music from first 3 C&C

The Punisher 12-11-2006 04:04 PM

I liked the music in generals, its real war music! That what it is, ahh! I love the smell of nukes in the moring...

gufu1992 19-11-2006 08:52 PM

The HORROR!
My ears!
They burn!
Frank Klepackis music is godlike compared to gen's one!
HORRIBLE gen music is!

Vivek_3011 29-11-2006 07:02 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jontzzu @ Oct 8 2006, 07:35 PM) [snapback]260072[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Allright! You got my attention. I have only C&C demo, but I also have Red Alert 1 full version and Red Alert 2 full version (only soviet cd though). I like these games a lot too. These games have great voice acting too
[/b]

hey Punisher! hi ! this is Vivek. I m new to abandonia. well i luv c&c too & was looking for the game in this site but couldn't find it. Guess its not abandonware yet. i was thinking if u can give me the game somehow, maybe by uploading it or by anyway possible, pls. if u want any other game which i have we can share it. pls. reply asap. bye.

LingonKungen 29-11-2006 09:29 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vivek @ Nov 29 2006, 08:02 AM) [snapback]269172[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

hey Punisher! hi ! this is Vivek. I m new to abandonia. well i luv c&c too & was looking for the game in this site but couldn't find it. Guess its not abandonware yet. i was thinking if u can give me the game somehow, maybe by uploading it or by anyway possible, pls. if u want any other game which i have we can share it. pls. reply asap. bye.
[/b]
Are you seriusly asking this nice and lawfollowing nice old lady(punisher) to break the law by uploading a game that is still suported or sold?
naughty vivek...

The Punisher 29-11-2006 09:36 AM

ehh, I dont got C&C and if I had I wouldnt sended it, im not a lawbreaker!
And im not an old lady.. <_<

LingonKungen 29-11-2006 11:59 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Punisher @ Nov 29 2006, 10:36 AM) [snapback]269213[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

ehh, I dont got C&C and if I had I wouldnt sended it, im not a lawbreaker!
And im not an old lady.. <_<
[/b]
true true.... a old hag is the best words right? hehe! right on punisher.... Punish vivek good now.... go on a rampage... :)

gufu1992 30-11-2006 11:47 PM

Blah- buy it... the end...

The Punisher 09-12-2006 06:57 PM

..of days...
Tiberian Sun and Red Alert I think most be my favorite C&C games, love the laser fence, I remeber I turned it off then when the enemy was in the line of the laser I turned it on, toasted them :D

gufu1992 09-12-2006 11:21 PM

Since I'm GDI - I use firestorm Defence :P

chainsoar 10-12-2006 12:08 AM

I'm a lawbreaker. But I don't know you and I don't have the game anyway. So HA!

gufu1992 23-12-2006 02:39 AM

died of offtopicness... sadly...
so anyone wants to play? :P

Ioncannon 24-12-2006 12:15 AM

Oh a C&C thread? Yepee!! Ok first, the reason why Ra2 blows IMO is EA's involvment. See when EA gets involved in anything it sucks (ahem Generals). And I have to say the Tiberium story (Red Alert 1 IS part of the Tiberium Story btw, its the prequal to Tib Dawn) is one of my favourite video game stories. Personally I think Tiberium Dawn was the best of the C&Cs. Finally, yes RA2 is easy to mod, but things liek superweapons and AI are hardcoded into the source, so it cannot be upgraded. Tiberian Sun was pretty good (Loved Slavik) but they music was a bit crap compared to the previouse music.

oh and Renegade is such a fun multi player game! Stealth Blackhand + Nuke beacon in your base :D

InsaneFury 24-12-2006 02:36 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ioncannon @ Dec 24 2006, 01:15 AM) [snapback]272446[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

See when EA gets involved in anything it sucks (ahem Generals).
(...)
oh and Renegade is such a fun multi player game! Stealth Blackhand + Nuke beacon in your base :D
[/b]
Right, so this implies EA wouldn't have anything to do with Renegade, right? :w00t:

Ioncannon 24-12-2006 03:04 PM

On the Planet CnC forums, I hear that it was mainly Westwood who created it, EA just published in that case. Though it was one of Westwood's lesser games.

The Punisher 28-12-2006 03:21 PM

EA Games sucks, they cant do one thing right...

Wargh 29-12-2006 12:36 AM

Ah, good ol CnC.
God I love that game.

I played through RA1 (both sides) then through Tiberium Dawn, just to see Kane again at his finest.
I remember getting the game and it having a real tame ESRB rating, but then halfway through the Nod campaign.... :D Hahahaha, I still can't believe that one made it through the censors unnoticed.

I used to have the original for DOS at one point, but I must've lost it.
The only downfall with Decade is that they got rid of those extra-cool installation screens.
To keep those would've been awesome.

Ioncannon 29-12-2006 02:33 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FreshnMinty @ Dec 29 2006, 12:36 AM) [snapback]272705[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Ah, good ol CnC.
God I love that game.

I played through RA1 (both sides) then through Tiberium Dawn, just to see Kane again at his finest.
I remember getting the game and it having a real tame ESRB rating, but then halfway through the Nod campaign.... :D Hahahaha, I still can't believe that one made it through the censors unnoticed.

I used to have the original for DOS at one point, but I must've lost it.
The only downfall with Decade is that they got rid of those extra-cool installation screens.
To keep those would've been awesome.
[/b]
*Spoilers*

Where Kane kills Seth?

*/Spoliers*

Yea that part suprised and shocked me LOL. BTW you know Kane and Seth are same ppl from the Genesis passage in the bible?Kane is Cain from the Genesis passage, son of Adam and Eve. The story (IN C&C) is that Cain was brought through a time rift because of over use of the chrono sphere in RA1. He the created the Brotherhood of NOD (Also from the bible, where is say Cain then left to the land of nod). Pretty cool. Seth was Cain son.

Wargh 29-12-2006 10:31 PM

o_o I was under the impression that after Instiene (sp?) travelled back in time to destroy hitler, that's when the worlds split, Stalin came into power, and Kane was playing one of Stalin's advisors. (You see him walk in cautiously, tell Stalin something you can't hear, then look at the camera (us) and run away)

When the Soviet movement was crushed and Stalin was kiled (strangled, apparantly) Kane was nowhere to be found, and then rose up later on.

I guess that still fits in with the RA1 chronosphere, but it wouldn't make sense if he came into contact with anything: The effects of the sphere would take effect, and the person, or thing he came into contact with would disintergrate, and then he'd jump back to his present day - after all, that's how Hitler was killed and when our world and the Tiberium world became different.

I mean, he's still alive in Tiberian Sun AND Tiberian Wars (coming this march, woo!), so it looks to me like he's got some of mama's good ol' fashioned immortality juice...

I think I like that game a little *too* much. ^_^

Cosmonaut_Roger 02-01-2007 09:50 PM

Ah Command and Conquer. This game brings back so many memories. I can specifically remember getting this game for Christmas of 95 (or 96?) and playing it all day, just marveling at the graphics and control capabilities. I was so engrossed in the game, more so than I had ever been. I still think the FMV clips are some of the best that were ever created for a game. And who could forget that cool install package.

Anyway, I enjoyed RA to some extent, although not nearly as much as CnC. I preordered Tiberian Sun special edition for $60 and I hated it. That game gave me no pleasure to play, it felt like a chore. I felt duped into falling for the hype. I never enjoyed RA2 either or Generals, its always been CnC for me.

gufu1992 11-01-2007 01:36 AM

I think Tiberian Sun was the best C&C game... mainly because it was first RTS I ever played... and I love it to this day :)

Cosmonaut_Roger 13-01-2007 04:27 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gufu1992 @ Jan 11 2007, 01:36 AM) [snapback]274257[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

I think Tiberian Sun was the best C&C game... mainly because it was first RTS I ever played... and I love it to this day :)
[/b]

Oh man, I am of the total opposite opinion. I was so excited for that game, I even preordered the special edition that came with a pewter figurine of a NOD soldier, it was $60. Needless to say, I felt like I got burned. I tried to like it, but I couldn't play it past the first 5 missions, I HATED it. To me, it was one of my worst gaming purchase decisions of my life. :) That just goes to show how much people's opinions on games can vary. You loved a game I hated. I did like the FMV sequences though, very well made. High production values.

gufu1992 14-01-2007 08:16 PM

Hm... oh welll... TS is easy to MOD though :)

PrejudiceSucks 20-01-2007 06:40 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gufu1992 @ Jan 11 2007, 01:36 AM) [snapback]274257[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

[/b]
Eugh, it was horrendous. Lame sci-fi units, dull story and horrifically unbalanced (prism tanks, anyone?). Also very, very overhyped.

gufu1992 21-01-2007 09:47 PM

Um... What Prisma Tanks?
You we're talking about Red Alert 2 - right?

The current time is 08:16 AM (GMT)