Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Dune (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=80)

Guest 24-08-2005 04:54 PM

:help: :help: :help: hi, I am new on "Abondonia" and I will have wanted to know how one makes to change the language of "dune 1" into French (I remembers y to have played in French) :help: :help: :help:

Shrek 24-08-2005 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Guest@Aug 24 2005, 04:54 PM
:help: :help: :help: hi, I am new on "Abondonia" and I will have wanted to know how one makes to change the language of "dune 1" into French (I remembers y to have played in French) :help: :help: :help:
it's easy:

1- run the "install.exe" file. you will be taken to the configuration screen
2- select "change the hardware configuration"
3- press "n" for no when it asks if the configuration is correct.
4- select the first option (language) and you will have 3 languages available: english, french and german
5- select the language you want
6- press "y" to confirm this configuration
7- you will get a "press any key" which will close the install program
8- this will create a bat file (comm.bat) run it and enjoy the game

valium 26-08-2005 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Shrek+Aug 24 2005, 07:11 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Shrek @ Aug 24 2005, 07:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Guest@Aug 24 2005, 04:54 PM
:help:* :help:* :help: hi, I am new on "Abondonia" and I will have wanted to know how one makes to change the language of "dune 1" into French (I remembers y to have played in French)* :help:* :help:* :help:
it's easy:

1- run the "install.exe" file. you will be taken to the configuration screen
2- select "change the hardware configuration"
3- press "n" for no when it asks if the configuration is correct.
4- select the first option (language) and you will have 3 languages available: english, french and german
5- select the language you want
6- press "y" to confirm this configuration
7- you will get a "press any key" which will close the install program
8- this will create a bat file (comm.bat) run it and enjoy the game [/b][/quote]
very thanks :cheers:

blagovest 21-09-2005 05:34 PM

It`s adventure and strategic!My dream has come true!Great graphics also!
I wonder if someone makes a remake of it! :ok:

Guest 22-09-2005 12:16 PM

How do i attack the harkonen?I mean how to tellmy fremen to do it

Shrek 22-09-2005 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Guest@Sep 22 2005, 12:16 PM
How do i attack the harkonen?I mean how to tellmy fremen to do it
hum, in what stage of the game are you?

you need "troops" and you will only get them after you meet Stilgar... read burner' s walkthrough if you stucked....

Guest_Eddie 10-10-2005 03:22 PM

Dune is an absolutely awesome game. I first played this game when I was about 12, and have played the game roughly once a year ever since. It was really difficult at first but suddenly you work out that you've always got to stay on top of spice production or you'll get into trouble.

Anyway, I just wanted to share a couple of strange experiences I had with this game. The very first time I completed this game I somehow managed to do it without going down any of the ecology plotline completely unintentionally. I didn't bother with Chani (I didn't realise what to do and since she wouldn't come with me I left her behind), and as a consequence never met Liet Kynes, and also never learned how to ride a worm. I'm not sure how I completed the game in this way because the spice from the dozens of sietches revealed by Chani and Kynes is enormous. Must have been pretty close.

The other weird event was when, at the final battle for the Harkonnen palace I managed to get to the palace before the battle was over. The usual battle screen appeared, but once it ended I spoke to Stilgar outside the palace (who I'd asked to come with me from the sietch where they had all gathered). I spoke to him and he told me that the Fremen were working on turning the fortress into a sietch. I waited 2 days (the normal time) and - yep - they turned the palace into a sietch!

Upon going into the new sietch the game didn't end in its normal way. In fact, it was now impossible to end it. But inside were the Baron Harkonnen, Feyd Rautha Harkonnen and the Emperor. I could talk to them, and they said a couple of things that were otherwise not part of the game.

I have never been able to replicate this situation. Very strange.

scorpio 14-10-2005 05:01 AM

I hope you guys don't mind me butting in on the discussion, but I discovered Abandonia after a boring afternoon, surfing the web for PC games :D I didn't know I would stumble upon a treasure chest!

Anyway, I am a big fan of the Dune books and I was just blown away to discover there was an existing game I could download (I've never played this before, computers were not yet the rage when this game came out where I live.) This game is awesome! I love strategy-adventure games, too and to have that and my most favorite characters in literature in one game ... wow. I've been playing it for three days now.

Ecology/plants raise the motivation of your troops. I found this out after a Fremen chieftain told me something like the experiments were raising my troops morale, and then I found out that my victorious troops started having 100% motivation. Easier to win battles that way.

A few more tips:

1. Thufir is always right, good old Thufir :D Start at the Ergsun region if you want to attack the Harkonnens. I initially attacked at the Carthag region and my troops always got their butts whupped.
2. Don't use the "Skip to Nearest Destination" button often. You'll discover more new sietches if you don't. And always fly with Harah/Gurney/Stilgar or Chani
3. Troops learn faster if Gurney is with them
4. Click on everything :D

I still have to finish my game, but am almost there.

SupSuper 14-10-2005 05:18 PM

Just when I was doing so well, so close to the end with my troops kicking the Harkonnen's behind, I forget about the spice production and the Emperor kicks my behind. Now I have to start all over :cry:

Guest_Bob 15-10-2005 04:06 PM

I had a problem getting my sound to work too. Anyone else that can't get it to work - check the config. dosbox 0.63 has the SB16 DMA for 3, and the Dune download has it set to default DMA 1. Change 1 to 3 in the dune install, and the sound should work like a charm!

The current time is 01:03 PM (GMT)