Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Alien Legacy (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=24084)

marko river 07-03-2010 09:22 PM

Alien Legacy

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review & download

Borodin 08-03-2010 03:10 AM

I recall this game being a competent but very linear strategy title, with no replay value.

I asked the developers when it first came out why they provided two different officers for each of the positions you could appoint. Their reply was that they initially intended the choice between the pair to present different difficulty levels, but never got round to implementing it due to having to get the product out the door.

Tomekk 08-03-2010 04:45 PM

Wow, this looks great. Definetly going to try it out :D

El Quia 08-03-2010 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomekk (Post 399139)
Wow, this looks great. Definetly going to try it out :D

It is really great! You really should :p

meg5p 10-03-2010 02:17 AM

Trouble starting

Anyone able to help on playing this with Dosbox? I mount the drive and start it, select my sound card, and then I hear sound but no video ever appears. The Dos screen just stays there (I've also tried starting it by selecting no sound card, but the same thing happens, minus the sound). Using Dosbox 0.73.

JeanLuc Picard 13-03-2010 11:07 AM

I remember playing this game in January last year, when i manage to get a copy and played on my old pc. The game is very good, since i'm almost finishing him again.

andrewhaarhoff 15-03-2010 09:26 PM

I'm getting a 'file is corrupted or damaged' every time I try to unzip this download. It sounds riveting, so does anyone have any advice?

Paco 15-03-2010 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewhaarhoff (Post 399905)
I'm getting a 'file is corrupted or damaged' every time I try to unzip this download. It sounds riveting, so does anyone have any advice?

The File works fine for me, so it may be a problem with your Unpacker.

This is already the third post which complained about corrupted Archives. :mhh:

Smiling Spectre 16-03-2010 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meg5p (Post 399255)
Anyone able to help on playing this with Dosbox? I mount the drive and start it, select my sound card, and then I hear sound but no video ever appears. The Dos screen just stays there (I've also tried starting it by selecting no sound card, but the same thing happens, minus the sound). Using Dosbox 0.73.

Did your DOSBox on default settings? Because I have no problems with game. At all. I checked CD-version, though...

Geezer 30-03-2010 01:56 AM

CD rip was almost small enough for the site (165 MB). Docs are uploaded and I can provide them until they are posted. They are also on replacementdocs.com.

The current time is 08:10 PM (GMT)