Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Gaming Zone (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Esa Protected Games For Sale? (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=12061)

Razor2 27-09-2006 11:25 AM

Hi

I have heard about some guys who are planing to make some on-line store for download of old ESA protected games (of course with the permission and paying royalty to the companies). I'm just curious how much you retro gaming loving guys and gals would pay if they succeed and offer some grand titles of the 90s. They say they are in contact with Vivendi for some Sierra titles and with Interplay, or whats left of it.

How can I edit the poll? That garbage shound be a $ sign....

DonCorleone 27-09-2006 11:28 AM

It surely depends on which game I want to download and if it's worth its money. That's very subjective. But I don't think that I would pay much for a game that doesn't run under XP without using extra tools. So a maximum of 10€ or 13$ or so would be the limit for me...

The Fifth Horseman 27-09-2006 11:32 AM

If it's a pay-per-download system, then... well... I won't pay $10 for a game that physically isn't even there. $7 at most.

Razor2 27-09-2006 11:34 AM

It is a pay-per-download system...I don't think it would be worth printing them to cds.

DonCorleone 27-09-2006 11:37 AM

It would be interesting if you pay once and have a lifetime-right to download it or something like that...

Razor2 27-09-2006 11:55 AM

That's the idea :D

gregor 27-09-2006 11:59 AM

max 2$

it's old, it's crappy, it's obsolete, and i dont' really want is so badly that i would be willing to pay for it. i mena let's face it they dont' have any support, any development any option to claim nothing.... in fact i am preety sure such a site would be illegal in my country. but it could function for some very low price cause no one would mind loosing an euro or two...

Razor2 27-09-2006 12:02 PM

The problem of the support is a tough one...the basic idea is that a very basic support would be offered by this company, but of course its limited.

By the way, why is it illegal in Slovenia?

gregor 27-09-2006 12:47 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Razor2 @ Sep 27 2006, 12:02 PM) [snapback]257727[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

The problem of the support is a tough one...the basic idea is that a very basic support would be offered by this company, but of course its limited.

By the way, why is it illegal in Slovenia?
[/b]
To protect the consumer... Every product needs to provide service (if it is sold). If it doesn't work within a month it needs to be replaced with a working one. Also consumers can return the product and demand the money back if they are not satisfied with it. I am preety sure that's the case in whole of EU.

Selling some old things without providing service is not a good idea. Individuals can do it, but not companies.

Lulu_Jane 30-09-2006 12:06 PM

what ever happened to "buyer beware?" ;)

I'd be willing to pay - in that the lack of support wouldn't bother me. After all, all those hours fiddling with various emulators already mean that I should be fine... Selfish I know, but this is capitalism baby :)

The current time is 06:42 AM (GMT)