Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Gaming Zone (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Homm 5 (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=7599)

SixApes 14-10-2005 04:17 AM

So.... i came across a beta version of Heroes of Might and Magic 5. The engine at this point in time (Beta ver 0.2.2) is really clunky. Hey, its beta.... what could one expect. But i must say to any fan of the series, that the final release is going to be awsome. The battlefield is amazing and the cutscenes and spell effects when set to Maximum performace, are TAXING my 512MB DDR Radeon Card to its limit. Heres a shot I took from ingame.... you can acctually control the ballista now! A very nice upgrade...

Nick 14-10-2005 07:59 AM

Cool...

Mr Miau 14-10-2005 10:40 AM

Whoah, nice graphics... Where did you get that beta?

Bradley 14-10-2005 12:04 PM

I wonder what company is doing it now that 3do is out of business.

duckpatch 14-10-2005 01:37 PM

3DO went broke? Ek.. the game looks great but will it have its same touch?

velik_m 14-10-2005 07:32 PM

there is some more info on this forum:
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee/forums/a/frm/f/1851065692

i think it will be better than homm4, but you never know...

BeefontheBone 14-10-2005 08:07 PM

Is it just me, or is this likely breaking a non-disclosure agreement? You say you "came across" a beta - if you're an actual tester then you shouldn't be blabbing about it and doing so is illegal, and if you're NOT a tester then someone else is doing something worse, and you're just encouraging them.

SixApes 14-10-2005 11:54 PM

Quote:

* Is it just me, or is this likely breaking a non-disclosure agreement? You say you "came across" a beta - if you're an actual tester then you shouldn't be blabbing about it and doing so is illegal, and if you're NOT a tester then someone else is doing something worse, and you're just encouraging them.
@BeefontheBone
I laugh at your morals. LOL With all DUE respect naturally. I am entitled to my own opinions on morality of course. I find it absurd and pompous on your behalf, to point out the imorality of a post because of the alleged or assumed origin of the above mentioned software.

Yes, I support the modern pirate and the right to hack. Yes, the software was aquired through "unofficial" channles. That wasn't the topic or the reason for the post. I was curious about the opinions of other gamers out there, that love the series. I really doubt that im in need of some pathetic and/or juvenile rant on morality. Ill be purchasing the full version the day of its realease, as I have with the entire series. Thanks, but you can skip the sermon, and save a little of your time. I tire of your kind. And yes, im encouraging "them". Oh......

@Everyone
Ubisoft took the project over. But it seems they are really doing the right thing and keeping the game very close in flavor to the rest of the series. Interface and playability are beautifull. I can't wait to get my hands on the retail. Maybe we will do some multiplaying here on Abandonia. :D

Lonely Vazdru 15-10-2005 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by SixApes@Oct 15 2005, 12:54 AM
Maybe we will do some multiplaying here on Abandonia.** :D
I somehow doubt that, as your days here are probably numbered if you don't change your attitude. Not that i disagree (check out my signature) but staying here and getting along with the people here involves a lil' bit of low-profile. Overtly supporting piracy will not make you very popular and/or welcome. Which is a shame because i think more people with independant thinking, or at least independant and not always law-abiding thinking would be cool (i laughed quite a bit reading your post LOL ). But then it's your choice so it's up to you ! :D

As for the sceenshot it looks cool, but it seems that the gameplay will be changed. I hope it's for the best ! I saw some sceenshots but they were really different from what you showed here. Here's one ! Sorry if it's too big but i can't use the "file attachment" feature, and i don't know how to resize pictures posted via URL.
http://www.archangelcastle.com/h5/pr...l_017_1600.jpg

SixApes 15-10-2005 01:47 AM

Well its not just you, the picture button has went poof on my end also. Im glad you said something, I was thinking someone revoked my privileges :sneaky:

@ Lonely Vazdru

I dont know about you, but I was really fond of HOMM3. It looks like they are trying to keep the interface close to 3, but the battles more or less like 4. Despite the obvious graphical upgrade, It seems the graphics dont get in the way like to many modern releases. Its hard to tell what the finished product will be like though.... from looking at the spellbook, im seeing alot of spells from HOMM3. The spell effects are incredible! If I get a good screenie of one, ill post it.... providing my img post button comes back :D

The current time is 01:14 AM (GMT)